Looking to buy a truck please read....

Ortoch

Established Member
Looking to buy a truck, SUV, van, etc...

I am looking to buy a vehicle that gets good gas mileage and "ON OCCASION" (this isnt the primary reason for the vehicle) will tow a 5500lb enclosed vehicle trailer. The towing is a must but it doesn't have to be the best vehicle to tow that much weight as its only going to be on occasion. I am open to other makes besides Ford but would prefer Ford.

Vehicles I have looked at are...

F-150 Lariat 4x4
F-250/350 7.3L PSD
Ford Lightning
Cummins Dodges

I am open to other offers but here are the requirements your vehicle MUST meet...

Over 19mpg (average)
Can haul 5500lbs

Please post here or PM me if you have anything that might be interesting to me :D

Last edited:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Considering the choices "you've looked at" you're open to any truck that has existed.

cobra0393

Established Member
What about a 93 lightning with 29,000 miles. It pulls my car which weighed 3,400 and the trailer weighes about 1,000 or so. And doesnt even sweat at it.:shrug:

Ortoch

Established Member
send me pics :D and yes to the first poster I am open to ANYTHING pretty much as long as its cheap haha and to be honest most trucks dont get over 19mpg average so it does rule out some, like a F350 Dualy or something or a ranger cuz its too weak to haul.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
not to mention diesel trucks are more heavy duty and cost more...as far as fuel is considered. I'd stick with half tons or some SUVs if I were you

edit: just to give you an idea. My mom's 95 Grand Cherokee with I6 hauled our 26' camper around that weighed around 5 or 6k.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ortoch

Established Member
PMs sent, original post edited to include SUVs and Vans even as long as they meet requirements

NOTASTOCKDOHC

Established Member
Got a 2001 f150 supercrew, 4x4 with trition 5.4 it gets 19mpg on highway and 12-15 in city and will haul inclosed trailor or what ever you want it to. it is in good shape has exact 100,750mi. Runs great. it red with grey cloth interior, I want 9k for it.

Users who are viewing this thread