looking to buy a notch...chp

KILRSVT

Established Member
lately i have been wanting to get into a coupe...my buddy has an 89 chp. its somewhat of a fixer upper. I know its gonna need a drivers seat.his a big guy. his old coupe sagged to one side...(drivers) due to the fact his kinda of a big guy.lol. so i know it will need springs, struts and plan to throw FLSFC.
The car is running rough to what i know. he told me when he disconnects the MAF it runs fine. is this becuase the MAF is bad or does the idle clean up becuase it goes to a default mode....either way he said hell let it go for 3k...is that a fair price....or should look somewhere else?? He beats the hell out of that thing but it has held up so far...lol. inputs would be appreciated. what should I look for its been a while since I have messed with the foxes.

Last edited:

93sspcoupe

Established Member
my car will idle fine with the maf unpluged, but when i try to drive it with it unpluged it falls on its face hard. i have seen another 89gt that ran fine with maf unpluged. but it was the only one i seen that way. if its a real ssp car in decent shape its worth it imo. the one in my sig is a 93 ssp and i give 4400 for it

KILRSVT

Established Member
Thanks for the input.... Looking at another notch that's not a cho it holds a clean title needs a rack and transmission...

KILRSVT

Established Member
gonna look at the car tomorrow. forgot all about the torque boxes and battery tray.what are the the things to look for about the retired chp's.....i know the come with no ac, oil cooler and are 5 speed cars. anything special about the suspension? thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread