Looking to buy a Marauder

SilvieBolt

The whore that’s blue
Established Member
Hey guys what should I look for when I look at one at a dealer. I found one with 27K on the clock for 15000

RacerXHG

13mm or 1/2in???
Established Member
Honestly, check Craigs list or look in the Marauders for sale forum on mm.net. Run a VIN check, find out if the rear axle seals are replaced, check wiper function, LCM function (Lamp Control Module), enviroment control full functionality. Will it have a power adder? Original 3.55's or gears changed? Original drive shaft or upgraded MMC? That's a few things!

RacerXHG

13mm or 1/2in???
Established Member
If you're handy, they're easy, cheap fixes you can do yourself. I LOVE my Marauder! My brother has had 2 Cobras, a GN, Vette, 5.0 foxbody... and was jealous when he drove my MM. :D

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Last edited:

SilvieBolt

The whore that’s blue
Established Member
im not looking to mod the car. I just want a reliable car and comfortable car. I may do exhaust on it since i have a buddy who does exhaust. what years should I look for.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
im not looking to mod the car. I just want a reliable car and comfortable car. I may do exhaust on it since i have a buddy who does exhaust. what years should I look for.

If you have a buddy that does good exhaust work for an affordible price I might have to look him up later when i am ready to do a side exit exhaust on the bronco :D

get a 2004, they are just better in about every way.... 03's in black have paint problems, i havent heard of many if any 04 blacks having that...

and trust me you say now you will keep it stock but when you drive it, you'll want to add some stuff

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
Oh hell I forgot to mention that, Like Karter said the 03' paint sucks balls. Thats why I got rid of my 03 the paint was falling off it even AFTER the dealer repainted it.

RacerXHG

13mm or 1/2in???
Established Member
What they said. The 04 also has the 4R75W tranny instead of the 4R70W, a smidge beefier.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Oh hell I forgot to mention that, Like Karter said the 03' paint sucks balls. Thats why I got rid of my 03 the paint was falling off it even AFTER the dealer repainted it.

Yes, this man here had a real life experience with the wonderful 03 paint... Wasnt it falling off around like 60k miles? :uh oh:

What they said. The 04 also has the 4R75W tranny instead of the 4R70W, a smidge beefier.

Tis be truth! It also has a higher stall converter...

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
ok Ill look for an 04

I hope your willing to travel for the right one... Nice ones in NJ are kinda once in a while you come by them... I looked at an 03 with 24k miles, come to find out the interior smelled like old person (the owner was 84 years old and lost his license in that car) and the whole left side of the car was scratched like crazy

Here's a few really nice ones for sale on the forum

04 DTR
[ame=http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54202]For Sale Selling My DTR MM - MercuryMarauder.net Forums[/ame]

04 DTR- this one is in NJ and this car is really really clean

[ame=http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58820]For Sale 2004 dtr - MercuryMarauder.net Forums[/ame]

or if you want a really bad ass unique car thats a hell of a steal

[ame=http://mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50877]For Sale 2003 300B Black Marauder f/s. Turbo'd with GT heads - MercuryMarauder.net Forums[/ame]

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
Texas! I got mine from there and our 01' cobra as well. Cars from Non-winter states have a quarter of the wear on them as winter states.

Users who are viewing this thread