looking to buy a Mach 1

Orange Peel

Established Member
I've found a CO Mach 1, only problem is it has bbk LT and uncatted H pipe. The programmer is missing, so I was told if I buy BBks catted x pipe to not expect it to pass emissions as the cats are poor quality, I didn't want to have to throw a whole new exhaust at it like I had to do to my CO cobra to get it to pass, I really like the car( having 2 CO cars) help me solve my dilemma, are there only 2x O2s or 4x like my cobra has? Has anyone else tried another mid pipe fitment to bbk LT?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
"are there only 2x O2s or 4x like my cobra has"

are you talking about the number of O2 sensors? On a factory dual exhaust car you're going to have 4. 2 pre cat that actually monitor AF (narrow band of course) and it makes fueling adjustments from those and then 2 post cat that monitor that the cats are working correctly

96gt02

Established Member
You can also you any other brand mid pipe meant for long tube headers

Orange Peel

Established Member
Correct, my cobra was first Ford, I'm on the learning side here, yes it seems there is 4, somehow in tune the rears are off, need to fix this to get emissions to pass, so it needs cats. Thank you for commenting and advice much appreciated.

Orange Peel

Established Member
Does any brand mid pipe fit Long tubes, I'd assume each is slightly different in length and design, I have Kooks longtubes with a catted x in a box for my cobra but betting it wouldn't mate up to BBK and rear setup.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Correct, my cobra was first Ford, I'm on the learning side here, yes it seems there is 4, somehow in tune the rears are off, need to fix this to get emissions to pass, so it needs cats. Thank you for commenting and advice much appreciated.

either way you would have to have the rear O2s turned back on to pass in a lot of places it seems (it shows not ready or something along those lines). There are other options though if you can pass a visual - MIL illiminators/O2 sims that plug inline on the harness to the rear O2 sensors (they trick the computer into thinking everything is fine back there). I believe these may be hard to find these days but Ive also seen write ups on making your own with some resistors.

Ive also heard of non-foulers or something like that but my understanding is its like a spacer and places the rear O2 up out of the air stream a bit and thats enough to not trip the CEL (I dont have any experience with these and am not very familiar with them).

just things to consider...

96gt02

Established Member
does any brand mid pipe fit long tubes, i'd assume each is slightly different in length and design, i have kooks longtubes with a catted x in a box for my cobra but betting it wouldn't mate up to bbk and rear setup.

as long as they are the same diameter long tubes and not mid lenth, any brand should fit

Orange Peel

Established Member
Thank you guys for your advice, been in talks with guy and some guy is willing to trade me the stock cat setup for ORH pipe on car.

96gt02

Established Member
How will stock cats help you with long tube headers?

Orange Peel

Established Member
Supposedly they fit, I just going off what the guy is telling me a Ford guy is telling him. I know my kooks, I had to buy there catted Xpipe due to configuration, of course its not on my cobra yet, so I don't know.

Orange Peel

Established Member
He came back after I questioned what you guys are telling me. He didn't tell me right, guy was willing to swap his stock system all the way from manifolds to cat back, not what I was wanting to do, just going to buy the bbk catted x pipe and a bama tune and hope it passes emissions.

Fomoco69

Established Member
I've found a CO Mach 1, only problem is it has bbk LT and uncatted H pipe. The programmer is missing, so I was told if I buy BBks catted x pipe to not expect it to pass emissions as the cats are poor quality, I didn't want to have to throw a whole new exhaust at it like I had to do to my CO cobra to get it to pass, I really like the car( having 2 CO cars) help me solve my dilemma, are there only 2x O2s or 4x like my cobra has? Has anyone else tried another mid pipe fitment to bbk LT?
Right on....I agree...to hell with those terroist!....and if your looking for a nice stock / mach-1...I had to pay for shipping from out of state but worth it....check out Car-fax web-site / Cargurus

Users who are viewing this thread