Looking to buy a GT500. ?'s

Qwk GT

Established Member
I'm thinking of trading in my 04 Cobra for a 07-09 GT500. Just looking for some advise, links with FAQ, or common or known issues. I've read about the clutch tsb's, but thats all I've really found so far.

I'm looking at an 08 tomorrow, so any input would be appreciated.

BigDan

Established Member
Just make sure you don't over pay since 2010's can be had for under $40k now and 2011's for $44k and garage queen 07-09's with under 3k miles for low 30's. Add up everything it may need like tire's, body work and service related items and make sure YOU are the one getting the good deal. Also dont pay extra for aftermarket parts as 100% stock is usually worth more then something that's been modified by the previous owner.

Last edited:

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
everything BigDan said.

2007+ gt500's are great cars and they are very refined over our 03/04 cobras, I think you will enjoy it very much, but like stated above make sure you get a good deal. I just read another thread were a guy ordered a base model 2012 gt500 for $46.5. You should be able to get a bone stock low miles 2008 for $31k-$34k.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I just did the same thing last fall/winter. Sold my 04 and picked up an 08 GT500. If you're patient and don't care on the color yes you can find one for $30k-$35k. I searched for 4 months and only came across a half dozen for less than $32k with under 10k miles on them and none for that price with less than 5k miles. I didnt limit my search to the east coast either. I searched all the forums, ebay, craigslist, autotrader, cars.com, and carmax nationwide, several times a day. $34-$35k can be had fairly easy if buying from a private seller but dealerships tend to want in the $37k range for a low mileage car. White and red also seemed to be the cheapest color while black, vista, alloy, and vapor were bringing more money. Patience is the big thing. If you're wanting to trade your car you probably wont find as good of a deal but you never know. Do you have a link to the car you're looking at or a dealership name? Good luck with your search

Last edited:

Mr 501

Established Member
Ask if the TSB has been done in the car too. I just got mine done last year, The Ford Dealership took care of everything but it did put my car outta commission for a good month and a half in the SUMMER

BigDan

Established Member
there are some nice cars for sale TEAM SHELBY - SHELBY AUTOMOBILES and Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 Forum if you're a Costco member you can get a new '11 500 for $45k and 0%. check out Costco auto buying program

I tried Costco last year when I bought my 2011 and GT500's were excluded from any sort of special pricing or financing. Did all of that just recently change?

There is also two 07-08's for sale on Team Shelby for $34k. One has less then 4,500 miles and the other one has "10k" in mods.
Team Shelby Classifieds

Also try this link to a nationwide Craigslist search and save yourself hours of searching individual cities
Searchtempest.com

Last edited:

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I'm thinking of trading in my 04 Cobra for a 07-09 GT500. Just looking for some advise, links with FAQ, or common or known issues. I've read about the clutch tsb's, but thats all I've really found so far.

I'm looking at an 08 tomorrow, so any input would be appreciated.

Obviously trading in your 04 will hurt your buying power. Best to sell that privately then you're cooking with gas

other than the tsb your good to go

g/l on the hunt!

bull3441

Established Member
I tried Costco last year when I bought my 2011 and GT500's were excluded from any sort of special pricing or financing. Did all of that just recently change?

There is also two 07-08's for sale on Team Shelby for $34k. One has less then 4,500 miles and the other one has "10k" in mods.
Team Shelby Classifieds

Also try this link to a nationwide Craigslist search and save yourself hours of searching individual cities
Searchtempest.com
you tried when the 11's were new. now Ford is offering deals on left over 11's

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Be patient and you will get a great deal. Hate to say it, but with gas soaring again prices are going to fall hard.

At this point I would not pay over 30k for an 07', 32-34k for an 08-09'. Sell the Terminator outright, and then buy from the dealer.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Sell your car outright, be willing to travel, and you will get a good deal.

Just bought my 08 for behind MMR (manheim auction average). And am ahead of the game.

I will admit thought guys, finding a '10 under 40k is pretty difficult, unless its been beat on bad, or its a firesale. A nice low mileage one is still going to bring 40-42k.

You should be able to find an 07 under 31k, an 08 under 34k, and an 09 under 36k.

Good luck in your search. DON'T trade yours in. Sell it

Qwk GT

Established Member
Thanks for the input. I didn't get the 08 I looked at, we couldn't come to an agreement on price. I would sell my 04, but I had such a hassle selling my 95, figured it would be easier to trade.

Thanks for the input, I'm still looking.

BigDan

Established Member
03-04 Cobra owners are still getting good money for them out here in CA. Clean it up, take some photo's and put it up for sale in a bunch of location's like craigslist, autotrader, automotive forums, car show's, parked in prime locations on the weekend. You have a color that show's well and all you have to do is your marketing and sit back and wait for the phone calls to come in as you go about your everyday life. It will happen sooner or later, just don't get ripped off trying to trade yours in for a used GT500.

Last edited:

Stage 4.6

Established Member
ford is not offering anything on any GT500's ,,, 2010's or 2011's

I agree! my local ford dealer isnt offering anything? 10-11s are going for 49-50K :nonono:
i did find an a low mileage 07 dark gray with stripes, no navi, bonestock for $34.900 is this a good price?

ad445

Racing Is In My Blood
Established Member
I agree! my local ford dealer isnt offering anything? 10-11s are going for 49-50K :nonono:
i did find an a low mileage 07 dark gray with stripes, no navi, bonestock for $34.900 is this a good price?

For $34k you can get 09 GT500.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
For $34k you can get 09 GT500.

Wow! thanks for the input, i looked all over today carmax, autotrader, etc... only found 1 it was an 08 for $33.900 red with black stripes and it was a vert. good thing was that it was only 60 miles from my home, but i dont want a vert.

Users who are viewing this thread