looking to buy 1997 Cobra

AirBoyzT

Hey, I have a buddy that has a 1997 Cobra for sale and said I could give him $8000 for it. It has 68,000 miles on it. I was wondering if this is a good deal. Alternatively this would not be my daily driver and im looking to maybe race it. Just wondering if a stock 1997 Cobra is fast and if this is a good deal.
Thanks!

HandsomeRob

Established Member
it depends what condition its in! It has low miles but is it beat up? As far as fast goes a N/A Cobra is pretty quick but i have never drove one N/A. I've always drivin Blown cars :)

v8musclecobra

Established Member
miles aren't too high so if the cars in good shape id say thats a good price. You can see them anywhere from 11g being in great shape, moded, or low low miles...I got mine for 7g but i got a steal...8g is a good price. Whether it's fast or not depends on what your used to driving. I came from an suv so yes it was fast and still feels fast to me. If your used to driving a new z06 no it's not that fast, but if you just had a "normal" speed car then yes it can be a handful. Once you get it though, it won't be stock for long just keep that in mind. Plus depending on your final goal for the car, the teskid block is the way to go. Also i like that year (i have a 97) because it's at the point where it's almost old school but not and still has the same interior and almost exterior of the late 99-04 model.

gq916

Established Member
i would buy it for 8k if its in realllllllllllly good condition...like the paint, interior, tires and all that stuff...u can spend a couple more thousand and maybe get lucky and find an 03-04 mach1. they are newer and faster than sn95s

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
i would buy it for 8k if its in realllllllllllly good condition...like the paint, interior, tires and all that stuff...u can spend a couple more thousand and maybe get lucky and find an 03-04 mach1. they are newer and faster than sn95s

10k for an 03-04 mach1. :dw: Hmmm.
That would be a veryyyyyy goood price.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
id spend 3k more and buy my old car...its forsale on here again

damn if thats true I need to just buy the thing so I can rip out the drivetrain and slap it in my car, not that your car wasnt awesome as it sat bur it be easier than trying to duplicate my current suspension and chassis upgrades, then swap in my old motor and sell the car for 8k flat

Vigilante

Established Member
^^^Love/looking to build mine just like yours, as for buying, 8k is good for a great condition, 7k is about kbb for a good condition,

Users who are viewing this thread