Looking to buy 03/04 cobra or 93 cobra

Doug E Fresh

Not that slow!!
Established Member
Hey guys,
Haven't been on here but a few times and last time I was on here I was looking for a block for my hydro locked 01 cobra but that never worked out so well :-(. But on the sunnier side it's got paid off and I'm now in the market for a termie or a foxbody cobra.

Here's the thing I have a 28,000$ car loan sitting around but every cobra I've found they are asking way over nada and I get you ask for what you kinda put in it but I'm looking for a cobra close to nada. My bank will go over 1000$ worth of nada but not a penny more. So with that being said I'm in the market for a termie but has to be close to nada unless you have a build sheet or everything you've done to the car then they will give more of course lol. My loan is also transferable so I will fly to see it and buy it.

My phone is shut off due to me being on ans and getting screw over but I do have this and my email which is [email protected]. you can send pics to that.

One last thing please no convertibles or red. Thanks all for looking and hopefully you guys can help me find my termie or fox cobra.

testorossa1989

Established Member
First off.. Dont call it a termie, termi, or anything like that. People hate that and will likely stop reading

Cobras hold value. NADA is used for banks, most federal credit unions will issue you a loan for 125% of the NADA value which will cover it. Really comes down to just looking.

Good cobra 18.5k
Exceptional 26k
Worked 19-30k
Cobra with issues 14-15k

Forums is your best bet or look at Home - Hi-End Auto Sales selection. Since he is a dealer he might be able to help you out.

Blacks is also good

Zemedici

Established Member
First off.. Dont call it a termie, termi, or anything like that. People hate that and will likely stop reading

Cobras hold value. NADA is used for banks, most federal credit unions will issue you a loan for 125% of the NADA value which will cover it. Really comes down to just looking.

Good cobra 18.5k
Exceptional 26k
Worked 19-30k
Cobra with issues 14-15k

Forums is your best bet or look at Home - Hi-End Auto Sales selection. Since he is a dealer he might be able to help you out.

Blacks is also good

Listen to this man. Any cobra is up for sale for the right price, but they're all gonna be 18k++ for a decent one.

Doug E Fresh

Not that slow!!
Established Member
Well if people don't reply for the reason of what I said that's childish and won't hurt my feelings. As I stated before I was looking at a sb 44,000 mile close stock cobra and he was asking 19,500$ for it and it was only worth 17,354$. I also stated that I have a car loan for 28,000$ and am looking for a 03/04 cobra or a fox cobra as close to nada as possible. I figured I would stop here because this forum is all about cobra's and seem to be intelligent people and know how to price there cars and if anyone wants to sell there and it's priced right please by all means give me a shout.

Doug E Fresh

Not that slow!!
Established Member
All I know is I'm looking for a good cobra that isn't beat on and a good price. This is a game or a joke. I'm being dead set on buying one and would love to own one but there all over priced and my credit union won't give me 19,500$ for a car that's worth 2500$ less and I'm tired of that holding me back.

twisted03snake

Established Member
All I know is I'm looking for a good cobra that isn't beat on and a good price. This is a game or a joke. I'm being dead set on buying one and would love to own one but there all over priced and my credit union won't give me 19,500$ for a car that's worth 2500$ less and I'm tired of that holding me back.

I'm gonna say this as nicely as possible and I wish you the best of luck in finding yourself a terminator because they are truly one of the best machines ford has ever produced!
First off, it's not a good idea to come on the forum looking for a terminator and tell all of us here, whom are very loyal to the site, that our cars are overpriced! Just because your bank won't loan the full amount on a certain car doesn't mean it's overpriced! Mods=$$ on these cars, at least on here they do! There's a ton of cars on here that get bought and sold on a daily basis, each of which have a lot of blood, sweat, and tears involved and I'm sure most sale for over nada!
Secondly, I'd say save yourself some cash to put down if your bank won't finance the amount that you need! These cars are holding their values and imo will continue to for a long while. Again I'm not trying to be rude or disrespect you, just throwing in my $.02! Good luck in your search!

SN95N/A

Established Member
Everyone on this site get butt hurt over the stupidest shit,op never said everyones cobras were over priced.u all bunch whiney bi*ches on here.one other thing who cares if he says termi u all just like complaining like u all pms 24/7..anyway goodluck on finding a car.

testorossa1989

Established Member
I'm gonna say this as nicely as possible and I wish you the best of luck in finding yourself a terminator because they are truly one of the best machines ford has ever produced!
First off, it's not a good idea to come on the forum looking for a terminator and tell all of us here, whom are very loyal to the site, that our cars are overpriced! Just because your bank won't loan the full amount on a certain car doesn't mean it's overpriced! Mods=$$ on these cars, at least on here they do! There's a ton of cars on here that get bought and sold on a daily basis, each of which have a lot of blood, sweat, and tears involved and I'm sure most sale for over nada!
Secondly, I'd say save yourself some cash to put down if your bank won't finance the amount that you need! These cars are holding their values and imo will continue to for a long while. Again I'm not trying to be rude or disrespect you, just throwing in my $.02! Good luck in your search!

This

You will catch more flies with sugar just saying. On that note you have to understand this general concept. NADA is priced for average cars and is a tool lenders use to issue a loan based off what the average car for year/make/model/mileage is going for in the market. What exactly impacts NADA nobody knows completely but recently cobras actually went up in value. Since its a High Performance sport car and collectable and limited production they will be in DEMAND. This is something lenders do not factor in usually. Often enough high demand cars sell for much higher then NADA. After all, Its just a guide for lenders. The average cobra is priced roughly 2-3k above NADA (By sheer estimated figures). You just came along so you are new to the whole system here and that is cool. Terminators are selling for the prices listed above and any car that is a "Steal" Is probably a steal for a reason. Good deals dont last long and great cars sell quickly. We have members buying brand new 54k GT500s and other brand cars privately from other members. 17k is nothing compared to what these cars are selling for and your looking for a Sonic Blue (Desirable) color with low miles for 17k. From the sound of it your approach toward the seller isn't the most humble either. Fact is hes probably going to sell that car for 19k+. Your price range is just shy of the average price that good cobras go for on these forums provided its not a rare color or desired one.

Secondly, Cobras as you know aren't like hondas. Parts dont cost $50 or found on Ebay stores. Cobras from the manufacturer already have amazing parts in them and aren't over the counter parts. That being said, Parts that come off cobras bone stock are worth $$ to other car guys and other brands of cars! Factor that same logic with cobras that have upgraded parts and you will quickly see that your average part is $250 - $350. Most cobras have THOUSANDS of dollars invested in them over the course of their ownership between owners. At any point they can remove those parts, sell them and return it to stock and still turn a awesome profit. By inquiring on a modded cobra and offering 17k can be found to be rather insulting by the owner. The golden rule is mods dont appreciate a cars value unless its a built motor, rear end or power adder. That being said an average cobra bolt on wont be worth what the owner invested but surely wont be NADA as well. Keep in mind the owners of these cars are trying to get what the cars worth plus some from what they put in.

My advice to you is either start saving or be more open to color/mileage/mods ect.

Last edited:

Doug E Fresh

Not that slow!!
Established Member

I never once said anything about anyone on here in fact I said the opposite and said smart guys and know how to price there cars that's why I'm here. Maybe you should read before you start saying what you don't know...

Mods don't bother me neither does the color either really. I just don't like convertibles as far as price I just want it to be fair and not hugely over priced like some I've seen on cl and someother sights iI've been on. I also get what you saying about price and everything but I bank at gcs and they go by nada and that's with the car being in whatever shape bad, good or even excellent and that's what they go based on but they will go over 1000$ nada and even more if the mods improve the car from factory so if your asking 21,000$ for a car that has a different supercharger and others they will of course recognize that and increase the value of that car but as far as a stock cobra that has 87,000 miles and the guys is asking 20,000$ for it they will not go up to that because to them the car isn't worth it not saying it isn't but to a bank or whatever it isn't. Now if for some reason I've stepped on peoples toes in any way I'm sorry and wasn't trying to come off that way. I was trying to get it out there that km looking for a good cobra that isn't to overly priced and that I don't have to pay to much out of pocket.

With that being said I'm looking and dead set on buying one as long as it not super over nada.

twisted03snake

Established Member
I never once said anything about anyone on here in fact I said the opposite and said smart guys and know how to price there cars that's why I'm here. Maybe you should read before you start saying what you don't know...

Mods don't bother me neither does the color either really. I just don't like convertibles as far as price I just want it to be fair and not hugely over priced like some I've seen on cl and someother sights iI've been on. I also get what you saying about price and everything but I bank at gcs and they go by nada and that's with the car being in whatever shape bad, good or even excellent and that's what they go based on but they will go over 1000$ nada and even more if the mods improve the car from factory so if your asking 21,000$ for a car that has a different supercharger and others they will of course recognize that and increase the value of that car but as far as a stock cobra that has 87,000 miles and the guys is asking 20,000$ for it they will not go up to that because to them the car isn't worth it not saying it isn't but to a bank or whatever it isn't. Now if for some reason I've stepped on peoples toes in any way I'm sorry and wasn't trying to come off that way. I was trying to get it out there that km looking for a good cobra that isn't to overly priced and that I don't have to pay to much out of pocket.

With that being said I'm looking and dead set on buying one as long as it not super over nada.

Sorry sir, I guess I misinterpreted when you stated they're all overpriced! All I'm trying to say to you is that I wish you the best of luck in finding a nice car, but be ready to throw a little cash down for a nice well cared for one!

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
Everyone on this site get butt hurt over the stupidest shit,op never said everyones cobras were over priced.u all bunch whiney bi*ches on here.one other thing who cares if he says termi u all just like complaining like u all pms 24/7..anyway goodluck on finding a car.

Does your mom know you are on her computer? :dancenana:

foxbodymike87

Established Member
prices are starting to come down a little..just looking today on craigslist and found some great deals on some cobras..found one with 46k miles on it for $16k. and a sonic blue with 55k with a kenne bell for $18k. deals are out there.

testorossa1989

Established Member
prices are starting to come down a little..just looking today on craigslist and found some great deals on some cobras..found one with 46k miles on it for $16k. and a sonic blue with 55k with a kenne bell for $18k. deals are out there.

Without a doubt if you look in the right places but people are also selling before winter. Check again in spring and see those prices go up

Doug E Fresh

Not that slow!!
Established Member

Thank you sir :).

It's all good man. I'm just saying and you guys have to admit some cobras you find on cl us way over priced buy almost 3000$. It might help that, that car I was looking at had a rebuilt title? It was a beautiful car and seemed to have nothing wrong with it. I don't mind paying 1000$ extra or maybe a little more put of pocket as long as the car is worth it. With that being said I do appreciate all your guys input and even your prices on your cars. Some of them are so beautiful. For example there is a ow cobra with a rebuilt title on here that is beautiful and there is a deal grey convertible on here with black 10anv rims that is just beyond beautiful. I just want to be part of the svt team again.

Doug E Fresh

Not that slow!!
Established Member

Can you post links to these cars please?

Users who are viewing this thread