Looking into buying a New fseries truck

351inside

Established Member
To make a long story short, my fathers 2006 King Ranch f250 was stolen last Tuesday; the truck was completely stripped down, they found it the same day and the insurance totaled the truck. Everything was taken out of it, all the wires inside the dashboard were cut off, no interior, even the batteries.

I was talking to my dad about the new ecoboost f150, we went to check them out and he liked them some, they have one fully loaded for 45k at a local dealership. He said he will wait until theres some good deals to buy a new truck. I really think he wont settle for a f150 though, he liked his truck alot, specially since he bought it brand new back in 06 and it was paid for already, So he might look into getting another f250. What would you guys reccomend?

ive seen alot of you guys on here talking about getting some good deals at the dealerships through plans. Anybody know if ford is having any good promitions coming up or how to get a good deal? any help will be greately appriciated, thanks guys

MTBSully

Established Member
don't know much about deals, but my dad bought a 11' ecoboost f-150 lariat about a year ago, and it is a damn nice truck. Fast as a v8 and 22mpg highway

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Does it have to be new? Could snag another 6.0 or even an 08-10 6.4 Powerstroke. The 08+ will have far more creature comforts and gadgets. I plan on replacing my 7.3 with a 6.4 this summer.

351inside

Established Member
Does it have to be new? Could snag another 6.0 or even an 08-10 6.4 Powerstroke. The 08+ will have far more creature comforts and gadgets. I plan on replacing my 7.3 with a 6.4 this summer.

defenately doesnt have to be new, he jsut wants something that still has warranty because he doesnt like dealing with paying for work. He even bought 5 year extended warranty in july for this truck that was 5k! ford said he will get a partial refund just dont know how much yet.

Wea sked the dealership about buying a 08 with 60k miles and they said to bring in the truck for a full ford tech inspection and that if it passed the inpection they could warranty it with a 5 year 100k mile warranty since its still a fairly new truck.

YJSONLY

Established Member
Some of the F250/ F350 diesel 08-2010 have issues. The 11 and 12 With the 6.7 are nice... better hp/torque and better mpg. But if he doesn't pull anything heavy or a NEED I would go with a ecoboost. But if he does pull the 6.7 F350 would be my choice. And to hear the guys talk of the ford diesel forum they have gotten 10-12k off msrp.

351inside

Established Member
Some of the F250/ F350 diesel 08-2010 have issues. The 11 and 12 With the 6.7 are nice... better hp/torque and better mpg. But if he doesn't pull anything heavy or a NEED I would go with a ecoboost. But if he does pull the 6.7 F350 would be my choice. And to hear the guys talk of the ford diesel forum they have gotten 10-12k off msrp.

thats exactly the kind of deal my dad wants, what forums would that

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
defenately doesnt have to be new, he jsut wants something that still has warranty because he doesnt like dealing with paying for work. He even bought 5 year extended warranty in july for this truck that was 5k! ford said he will get a partial refund just dont know how much yet.

Wea sked the dealership about buying a 08 with 60k miles and they said to bring in the truck for a full ford tech inspection and that if it passed the inpection they could warranty it with a 5 year 100k mile warranty since its still a fairly new truck.
Then I would look for a 08-10 6.4 personally. They are great trucks. Friend has an 08 F450 and that thing gets worked daily. Has 165k on it and has only had minor issues. Running the Spartan tunes for a few years now, and put down 1104ftlb :eek: For 11,000lbs it is a damn quick truck.

Edited for accuracy

Last edited:

docjupa24

livin the dream
Established Member
I've had a 08 6.4 and now have a 2012 6.7 diesel
Great trucks all the way around
Newer one is nicer and gets about 6mpg more than the other one
Both are really quiet

The 6.4 was badass after I tuned and straight piped it

Would recommend either one

Jp Short

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
Then I would look for a 08-10 6.4 personally. They are great trucks. Friend has an 08 F450 and that thing gets worked daily. Has 165k on it and has only had minor issues. Running the Titan tunes for a few years now, and put down 1004ftlb :eek: For 11,000lbs it is a damn quick truck.

Hmmm I wonder who you could be talking about... :poke:

gilby959798

Wyatt's daddy!
Established Member
Then I would look for a 08-10 6.4 personally. They are great trucks. Friend has an 08 F450 and that thing gets worked daily. Has 165k on it and has only had minor issues. Running the Spartan tunes for a few years now, and put down 1104ftlb :eek: For 11,000lbs it is a damn quick truck.

Edited for accuracy

Run.png

Glad you got it right :poke:

I thought I was going to have to edjumakate you...

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I would stay the hell away from the 6.4 since he wants a warranty and will keep it stock.. It has by far the worst fuel economy of any Powestroke ever made.

YJSONLY

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread