Looking for Wheels and DRs

zachcrosen

Established Member
I am in the market for wheels and a good set of DRs for my car. With my current power, I need more rubber to help hook. I have 2 other vehicles so this isn't my DD.

I have a set up Race Star 15x10s and MT ET Streets for the drag strip and the stock rubber for the street. I am thinking about going ahead and selling my Race Stars & MTs and also selling my stock wheels and tires. To do this, I would get me a set of new wheels and tires. My thoughts are the AMR Charcoal 18x10s for the back and the AMR Charcoal 18x8s for up front. I may even go with an 18x9 but I'm not sure if I gain much but a lighter wallet from the cost of the bigger tires on front. I was going to jump on Beefcake's special but the weight of the Race Stars vs. the wieght of the AMRs is ~1# so I can't see the added cost of the Race Stars.I would also use these as my drag racing tires...

What are everyone's thoughts on going with MT ET Streets all around in an 18x10 and 18x8/9? A buddy of mine has a SC'd Fox that he keeps DRs on year round. The car is also kept outside yera around so I don't know how that would affect the tires over time. Also, its in a gravel driveway.

I want to try to put a 295 or 305 in the back but I dont know if it will fit. Thoughts and size recommendations???

Zach

Last edited:

zachcrosen

Established Member
you could just go with an extra set of 18x10.5 racestars to match up with

I wanted to go with a full set of the dark stars but that cost on top of the blower is a little too much. I found a set of 19x8.5 with Pirellis and 19x10s with MT ET Streets for a great deal.

Users who are viewing this thread