Looking for the mythical front end air time..how much?

OregonMustang

500/500 club member
Established Member
Ok I'm at or near 500rwtq realize I need a lot more....but how much do I need to get some air under my front tires? One even? LOL

A solid hook and go...and what more...rwtq wise...600hp?

Now that being said....given street driveable tires...(Nittos or BFG KDW's)

Reason I ask is...should I just get some spray...and a midpipe and headers or say "Bonzai!" and yank a KB or so "Giiiiiiifaaaaaaa" and strap on a Hellion!

Thanks

Last edited:

adamb258

Established Member
There are mach 1 guys that do it with 300ish tq. Its all abotu suspension, weight reduction and soem good sticky tires and a clutch that can hold it

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Well, if you're talking like this, you're going to need about 650 RWHP and just a "couple" of suspension upgrades..........

03_36.jpg
[/QUOTE]

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
OregonMustang said:
Ok I'm at or near 500rwtq realize I need a lot more....but how much do I need to get some air under my front tires? One even? LOL

A solid hook and go...and what more...rwtq wise...600hp?

Now that being said....given street driveable tires...(Nittos or BFG KDW's)

Reason I ask is...should I just get some spray...and a midpipe and headers or say "Bonzai!" and yank a KB or so "Giiiiiiifaaaaaaa" and strap on a Hellion!

Thanks
Spend your time, not money, on reading about drag race suspension technology first!!!!!!! :read:

OregonMustang

500/500 club member
Established Member
adamb258 said:
There are mach 1 guys that do it with 300ish tq. Its all abotu suspension, weight reduction and soem good sticky tires and a clutch that can hold it

weight reduction :nonono: *looks at spent pizza box* not going to happen.
LOL just kidding....hmmm like spare etc....but in all honesty I am 6' near 200lbs so that does not help.

Eric :beer:

OregonMustang

500/500 club member
Established Member
anvrsy red vert said:
Spend your time, not money, on reading about drag race suspension technology first!!!!!!! :read:

Good call my cyber friend. ;) But I had expected that to be undrivable on a daily basis. *shrugs*

bender460

Established Member
The first thing on your list should be a solid axle. Anybody think it's possable with an IRS?? I don't think so myself.

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
bender460 said:
The first thing on your list should be a solid axle. Anybody think it's possable with an IRS?? I don't think so myself.

Level 5 DSS halfshafts, little more gear, IRS brace or Billet Flow diff. cover with a detroit locker differential. NO PROBLEM with this set up without going solid. Case closed. ;-)

OregonMustang

500/500 club member
Established Member
anvrsy red vert said:
Level 5 DSS halfshafts, little more gear, IRS brace or Billet Flow diff. cover with a detroit locker differential. NO PROBLEM with this set up without going solid. Case closed. ;-)

I'm putting the Billet Flow IRS Brackets and IRS Diff Cover on tommorrow with a set of Kenny Brown full length subframes. DSS halfshafts ...and what gear ratio do you think...I"m stock now.

Eric

KENZILLA

Well ya, Its fast!
Established Member
I am working toward this also! Car is at tuners now and am looking for 600 rwhp or maybe a little more. I do have a solid. When i get it back i will be going to track soon with some slick and skinnies. I will be giving it a try for that wheels up action. Heck, i will be happy with the left wheel off the track!

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
OregonMustang said:
I'm putting the Billet Flow IRS Brackets and IRS Diff Cover on tommorrow with a set of Kenny Brown full length subframes. DSS halfshafts ...and what gear ratio do you think...I"m stock now.

Eric

Eric: To suggest what gear ratio to use, I need to know: 1) What is your intended use of the car. 2) What size tire do you intend to run on the track/street. I'm assuming you want to drag race the car. 3) If you intend to drag race on the track, do you want to optimize the gearing so as to go thru the traps at the optimum rpm for the best times possible? If you honestly answer these questions, I'll give you my suggestion. :burnout:

OregonMustang

500/500 club member
Established Member
Track and Street. Not open track. I can get a Mitis Evo for BMW for that. I'm in it for the sure adrenaline rush...blast off. I would like to drive it alot as well if that's possible.

I aksed my Mustang Pro shop about gears and they said they don't get many requests for them...more on the GT's but not on the Cobras.

Got my kenny brown full length subs...billet flow irs brace and bracket.
Car handles WAY better now..and my wheel hop is nearly gone completly on stock tires.

Those Billet Flow brackets the $50 buck ones...they are the Shiate!

Eric

Last edited:

bender460

Established Member
Level 5 DSS halfshafts, little more gear, IRS brace or Billet Flow diff. cover with a detroit locker differential. NO PROBLEM with this set up without going solid. Case closed.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread