Looking for suggestions on street and road race course tires on 13 GT500 SVTPP wheels

taco7

Established Member
My car is new to me, and has Goodyear F1 tires up front, and Mickey Thompson 305 on back. I live in Utah so I do drive the car during cold temps and I don't drag race other than just laying down rubber for the CDI factor. I'm ok with laying off the sauce to keep it going the same direction when it's cold.

What I'm looking for is the best all around street tire that will allow me to take longs trips, and also perform at my best (nOob) without much experience driving, on a HPD school course. I am also considering running the silver state classic road race.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Does my oversize rear MT cause any issues? Should I go back down in size to factory?

Last edited:

noldevin

Established Member
Firstly, if you're going to take the car on a road course, you should run the same kind of tire front and back. Different size is ok as long as it's the same tire.
The larger rear will be ok as long as the wheel is wide enough for it. I wouldn't recommend running a 305 on anything smaller than a 10.5" wide wheel on a road course. The sidewalls will flex and create extra heat.

Users who are viewing this thread