looking for some shorty headers

moonltgold

Headers (any length) aren't big hp additives for the modular, certainly nowhere near like what they are worth on a GTO/Corvette engine. The LTs do improve the mid-range torque, and ceramic-coated ones (any length) will keep your engine bay cooler.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
moonlt said:
Headers (any length) aren't big hp additives for the modular, certainly nowhere near like what they are worth on a GTO/Corvette engine. The LTs do improve the mid-range torque, and ceramic-coated ones (any length) will keep your engine bay cooler.

We're going to find out soon on how much headers are worth! I'm doing a tune with my car before and after installation of kooks LT's and x-pipe within the next two weeks!

Bone_Stock96

Established Member
posi said:
We're going to find out soon on how much headers are worth! I'm doing a tune with my car before and after installation of kooks LT's and x-pipe within the next two weeks!

Let us know how this turns out.

Quick Strike

Established Member
I have ceramic coated JBA shorties, a MRT H pipe and FR500 catback. The shorties route heat away form the rear cylinders better then the stock manifolds and dissipate heat better. I don't know of any other benefits, but that alone may help it live longer.

moonltgold

svtstnglvr said:
damn, what if I go with the bassani mids

Same difference -- you would have to have a Bassani X pipe (the ones that come in pieces to swap out the cats or o/r power pipe). Get a good welder; the welding is no big deal on the Mag X -- I cut into mine, welded and it works fine/no leaks.

svtstnglvr

GEAA!!!!
Established Member
moonlt said:
Same difference -- you would have to have a Bassani X pipe (the ones that come in pieces to swap out the cats or o/r power pipe). Get a good welder; the welding is no big deal on the Mag X -- I cut into mine, welded and it works fine/no leaks.

cool, thanks moonlt I'll probably end up going with the bassani mids cause there ceramic coated

GtownMACH

smoke tires, not drugs
Established Member
i agree.. no huge hp gains unless your pushing big #'s. But, they do make a 4valve sound MUCH better and smoother.

Users who are viewing this thread