Looking for some Information

Outlaw

Terminated
Established Member
Im thinking about getting Rid of my 2003 Mach 1, It's a great car but with payment's on it and my upcoming wedding and buying a home im thinking instead of buying a daily Drvier truck, mabye i want to meet half way and just get a nice truck that i can still take to the track, but can also drive her around without being worried about pot holes, etc.

Ok down to what i need some help with...

1.Can i drive it in the winter with little problems? (i live in canada so i have a ton of snow, i used to drive my 83 Mustang GT in the winter so im not all that scard of the RWD, just not sure about hight and such)

2.Towing/hauling. (im not really going to do any towing but i do Dirtbike a lot, 2 bikes and equipment)

3.Would you consider it a good "practical" truck for a guy that want's to drive it all year round but still take her to the track and Backroads (for riding)

Thanks guys :read:

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Ive had both at the same time. The Lightning is not suited for the white stuff. Hauling its great. My Mach 1 was perfect and I only got 18,500 for it. You definitely wont regret buying a lightning. I love mine.

203Cree

Established Member
Okay, wait a minute. What's your payment like on the Mach? You need to compare those two and gas prices/mileage first. These damn things ain't cheap by any means bro.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Gas milage will be lower, but the truck is still incredible to drive. Especially with a pulley swap. Towing wouldnt be an issue either, since our trucks can haul more than ass, unlike some trucks. *cough*SRT10*cough* The only reason i dont have a Terminator, is because i needed a Truck.

But like Rob said, you might want to compare payments before you do anything.

Outlaw

Terminated
Established Member
Thanks guys, I'd be selling my Mach here, With them being a little more rare here and that with the weather condition's beign so bad there's not a ton of nice one's around.

As for as pament's... the drop would be 200 a month or so, and im looking for a truck anyway's i can't imagine gas being that much worse (well at least not 200 more) than a regular truck to a Lighting. Also work is only 30km a way from home so i would not put a ton of clicks on her.

Thanks for the Concerns guys. Nice to know someone actually reads a post.

If you know of things to look for as well please let me know.

203Cree

Established Member
It could come close. I usually only get 300 miles to a tank and at close to 70 bucks a fill up, it adds up quick. You'd do 60 clicks a day, so that's about 10 days worth of gas if you just went back and forth to work. That's 210 US a month for gas if you didn't drive anywhere else. But, you're right, that won't take up all the difference in the payments.

Normally I'd say go for it, but the fact that you say you're about to buy a house..

Well, I'm in the same boat as you are and I'm looking at things going 'Eeeeek'. Anyway..

Snow.. Meh, not so great, but it's doable

Towing... Yep, that's a big 10-4

All around... Yeah, except that whole back road thing. Not a good offroader at all, lol. She'll get stuck in wet grass without snow tires. Something to think about there.

Outlaw

Terminated
Established Member
203Cree said:
It could come close. I usually only get 300 miles to a tank and at close to 70 bucks a fill up, it adds up quick. You'd do 60 clicks a day, so that's about 10 days worth of gas if you just went back and forth to work. That's 210 US a month for gas if you didn't drive anywhere else. But, you're right, that won't take up all the difference in the payments.

Normally I'd say go for it, but the fact that you say you're about to buy a house..

Well, I'm in the same boat as you are and I'm looking at things going 'Eeeeek'. Anyway..

Snow.. Meh, not so great, but it's doable

Towing... Yep, that's a big 10-4

All around... Yeah, except that whole back road thing. Not a good offroader at all, lol. She'll get stuck in wet grass without snow tires. Something to think about there.

Thanks, It would only be some Gravel Roads, a mile or so to get into most of the parking spots.

Right now im just weighting my options, if i were to get one i would look in the states for sure, the same type truck up here cost twice as much.

Users who are viewing this thread