Looking for some ideas..HELP!!!

crazedcntryboy

Established Member
Just got a 2003 Lightning :rockon: and im spinning with what to do first. Already has upper and lower pulleys, intake, exhaust, dropped, chip. The one thing i dont like are those crome taillights i want a stealth look...already have the blakc powder coated rims. Naybody know where i could get a pair of tinted out tailights?? Also im looking into putting in some subs.ideas??? i have an Audiobahn 10" thats about 900rms and for some dum reason i dont think its gonna fit...durrrr. Also i need tires so if any of yall have some idea of where i can get a good yet "cheap" pair of tires let me know. Yea i know when it comes to this masterpiece of machinery there is no such thing as cheap.

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
The paint is called "Nite Shades" find some 2000 to 2004 Super crew stock tail lights and paint them, you get a near black finish and the cops usually don't give you crap. Order the paint off Ebay or check local shops. It's made by VHT. rub the light down with rubbing alcohol first, let dry completely, then 3 light coats and a couple coats of clear and your set. (I hightly suggest 'Killer Can's' clear coat (Alsa, it is paint shop quality clear in a can, but also $30 a can, but of so worth it)

The 10 will fit providing it's not more than 7.5 inches deep, unless your looking at losing seat space.

Tires: Hankook Ventus (good daily driver tire, not a good track tire) about $185 a piece mounted and balanced from Discount Tire, Toyo is another decently cheap tire, again not a great track tire. Usually about $150 more for 4 than the Hankooks. Nitto 555's are ok if you want to drop about a grand for 4, sometimes they go on sale.

ChronicReign

Chrome bumper your face!
Established Member
I have tinted tails on my L. I've had them on my truck for about 3 years now, never been hastled by the cops. I would def recommend them. Here is some pics

DSC01971c.jpg

DSC01400.JPG

DSC01147.JPG

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
May I suggest a wideband/good set of guages, a bedrug (I absolutely love mine) and traction bars

Users who are viewing this thread