Looking for some help

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
I hope Im wrong but that sounds like scam:shrug: Since people dont like giving away their money Id recommend putting away $100 a month or something, by the time he's four you'll be at your $5000 mark and can then start finding ways to make it grow.

Last edited:

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
I hope Im wrong but that sounds like scam:shrug:

WTF why would it be a scam? It's hilarious how many people on here fall for the most obvious scams and the things like this are called scams.

OP most likely saw how much money that bus lady got in donations for being bullied, so he (just like thousands of other people today) decided to have a fund raiser.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Man oh man. As much as I think it is a cool idea that you want this, I think it is your responsibility to start cutting back on things like internet costs, cable GONE, get a more family oriented car, have only one car, pay as you go cell phones.

If you are bringing the gawdz into this there are some that say if you pray hard enough you'll get your money. I hope it works out for you. I have put 3 of 6 kids through college. 1 is autistic and will likely not go, the others are 3 YO and 1 YO and I am just a dumb GI. If I can do it anyone can.

I put a few hundred away each month for them for college or if they piss me off, a good vacation when I am older.

Good luck but i am putting my money on my kids future.

Ironhand

Banned
I hate to ask this. But do you have a Bank of America account??? If not you should get one.

:lol:

DanTheMan18

Established Member
I hate to ask this. But do you have a Bank of America account??? If not you should get one.

:lol:

icwutudidthar :lol:

In all seriousness, you've got another 14 years to reconfigure your own budget to be able to stow away cash to further little man's education. You'd be surprised at what you'd be willing to do without, once you put things in the right perspective.

I'm not shooting down your idea, but I think the responsibility of building up a cash flow for something that far out into the future, for a child of that age falls upon the parents.

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
When Loften turns about 13, 14 yrs old he can start mowing peoples lawns, that way he learns about hard work and the true value of money instead of growing up asking for free handouts like his dad.. your ass should probably be out there helping him, you might learn a thing or two.. before you know it, you'll have a lot more than the $5k..

Damn people, I'm amazed how some have no problem asking for money..

:nonono:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
And for the record, this wasent a scam, just a dad with alot on him asking for some help. You think I wanted to do this? Now I am more embaressed then I have ever been. I thought you guys might be willing to help. And trust me innovate, I am doing everything I can, work 60 hours a week, odd jobs on the weekend and sold everything I could. When your paying 200 dollars a week for insurance it doesn't leave alot after everything else is paid. But thanks anyway.
Not sure but you should be able to find some other way to bring in money or cut back. Life has its ups and downs the trick is not to get stuck in the downs. Times are tough for a lot of people.

As much as the wife not working is, it may be an option, even part time? Family close by to help with day care? You can fix their cars on days off.

Start applying for another job. You seem to have the background to move up. Any family or friends who know someone that can get you a better job and more consistent pay?

DanTheMan18

Established Member
And for the record, this wasent a scam, just a dad with alot on him asking for some help. You think I wanted to do this? Now I am more embaressed then I have ever been. I thought you guys might be willing to help. And trust me innovate, I am doing everything I can, work 60 hours a week, odd jobs on the weekend and sold everything I could. When your paying 200 dollars a week for insurance it doesn't leave alot after everything else is paid. But thanks anyway.

I wasn't criticizing you dude; all I'm recommending to you is to look at your priorities and make sure they're in line with the big picture. If you're already going through your own personal version of hell, then my focus would not currently be on continued education for your four year old; I'd be focused on bettering my own situation, and working towards being able to provide for that yourself.

Again, I'm not criticizing you, just trying to show you that there was logic behind my post, not just shooting you down. I've been through my own fair share of hard times, and can finally say that the pieces are finally starting to come together (and it's never going to happen in the time frame you want it; perserverence is key). I can't justify a donation when I've fought to get where I am in my life, and when I've got education to worry about for my own 8 and six year olds.

Best of luck; just offering my advice from what I've seen and experienced on my walk of life. YMMV.

97samssnake

Established Member
Why spread the humiliation? He just tried to do what was best for his kid but went the wrong way about it.

Just curious as to what he said, since the first guy thought it was a scam and then OP deleted the post. I gathered he was trying to get money for his kid, but I didn't know how.

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member

First off, I apologize for being so blunt. I understand you must be in a tough position. The first thing you have to do is stop feeling sorry for yourself and your situation. Use ALL of those mixed feelings/thoughts you have to fuel your fire. Understand that there are millions of people out there who have it 100x's harder than you, life is good if you have a roof over your familys head. Like mentioned earlier, life is a roller coaster it has its ups and downs. Please dont take my post the wrong way, this is coming from someone who came from nothing, divorced parents, and to top it off from another country. I've worked my ass off to get where I am in life and I wouldnt trade my life experiences for anything. Those experiences made me that much stronger.

I believe it was Henry Ford who said,"Obstacles are those freightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals."

Focus.

:beer:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
First off, I apologize for being so blunt. I understand you must be in a tough position. The first thing you have to do is stop feeling sorry for yourself and your situation. Use ALL of those mixed feelings/thoughts you have to fuel your fire. Understand that there are millions of people out there who have it 100x's harder than you, life is good if you have a roof over your familys head. Like mentioned earlier, life is a roller coaster it has its ups and downs. Please dont take my post the wrong way, this is coming from someone who came from nothing, divorced parents, and to top it off from another country. I've worked my ass off to get where I am in life and I wouldnt trade my life experiences for anything. Those experiences made me that much stronger.

I believe it was Henry Ford who said,"Obstacles are those freightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals."

Focus.

:beer:

Better believe that shit, last year i was in a horrible spot in my life, this year i am doing alot better, hell wait til monday when I post ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread