Looking for some header feedback ARH and Kooks

Explosive

Established Member
So im tossing around the idea of headers on my Mach 1 and since the Mach sections slower than the cobra section and the info im looking is going to be the same between the cars. It's an 03 Automatic Mach. Narrowed my choices between kooks and ARH.

If i go kooks it'll be the 1 5/8" with there x pipe and ARH it'll be 1 3/4" with there x pipe as well. Just wondering if theres any fitment issues i was under the impression there was not. But then i started running into stuff about having to modify things for kooks to fit. Which has me leaning towards ARH. I was going to reuse the stock k member for now until i have the extra money for a tubular K and a arms/coil overs CC plates ect. So basically if you're running either of these im just looking for your opinion on them, what are some things you liked about the headers and what are some things you maybe wished were different or did not like thanks.

po-po 5.0

Established Member
Just installed the ARH on an '01 cobra (about as close as you're going to get around these forums to your mach). Zero fitment issues. Clears stock k-member, clears stock steering shaft. Easy-peasy lemon squeezy.

Krueton

Established Member
Just last week I ordered a set of ARH 1-3/4" x 3" after I spent several hours reading up on reviews. By the time you add in a new X-pipe for the kooks it seems like they are in the same ballpark price wise. I spoke to Nick at ARH before I placed the order and we was very helpful and had no problem adding some custom touches like an extra O2 sensor bung for wide band.

Comp04svt

Established Member
I went with ARH's on my car and had no fitment issues. When I was researching, I remember reading that the ARH's were set a little wider than the kooks to aid in transmission removal. That's one of the main reasons I went with them. I would assume it would be the same for a mach.

bubblehead93

Established Member
as for transmission removal, I have to remove the o2 sensors, but getting the tranny out is no issue, if you've converted over to a 4r70w or some auto, I think it would be a royal pia, not sure if kooks or arh would help you there...

Users who are viewing this thread