Looking for some 315-35-17's ASAP

Black Sex

Established Member
as the title states im in need of two rear tires. Im not thrilled about going to drag radials but I think it might be a must. WHat can you do on a set? I really like the Toyo proxes TQ but I hear they are on backorder. Or I was looking at the 555R or the NT05R, but I need something that will be ok in the rain. I dont drive it in the rain but im driving it to Sturgis for the mustang ralley so im sure somewhere in the 12hr round trip drive I will manage to find the rain. I found the 555Rs for $326 delivered. What can you do for me? I have money in hand.
Thanks
-Nick-

jf4boogie

Established Member
I'm in the same boat OP, so not trying to jack your thread.

I've narrowed it down to either the Nitto NT05R's or perhaps the BFG Comp T/A drag radials. The BFG's seem to have a little more tread for the "just in case" circumstance and they usually seem to run a little "beefier" than Nittos as well.

Any suggestions/advice?

Black Sex

Established Member
I'm in the same boat OP, so not trying to jack your thread.

I've narrowed it down to either the Nitto NT05R's or perhaps the BFG Comp T/A drag radials. The BFG's seem to have a little more tread for the "just in case" circumstance and they usually seem to run a little "beefier" than Nittos as well.

Any suggestions/advice?

I hear the BFR DR's are one of the worst DR's in the rain. If you look on tire rack and look at the surveys it ranked really low in hydro resistance. I had the 315 BFG's on my 98 and the rearend was all over the place on the highway. I hear the 555R's and the Proxes TQs do well in the rain for a DR.

rsnyder

SVT
Established Member
...Just a little FYI, I currently have the Toyo TQ's on the rear of my car now, and they are great on dry road, but HORRIBLE in the rain!!!! You will hydroplane at 25mph everytime it rains. They are awesome on dry pavement, but I will sometimes get caught in the rain, and I will NOT go with those again. It's just plain scary. Before these I had the Nittos. Those are pretty good in the rain, until the tread starts to wear down. The Toyos are 1 full inch wider than the Nittos though. Just hought I would help your decision.

jf4boogie

Established Member
I hear the BFR DR's are one of the worst DR's in the rain. If you look on tire rack and look at the surveys it ranked really low in hydro resistance. I had the 315 BFG's on my 98 and the rearend was all over the place on the highway. I hear the 555R's and the Proxes TQs do well in the rain for a DR.

Are we talking about the same tire? I think you're refering to the KDW DR's.

Here's the one I'm talking about:

bfg_gfc_drg_rdl2_ci2_l.jpg

Black Sex

Established Member
Are we talking about the same tire? I think you're refering to the KDW DR's.

Here's the one I'm talking about:

bfg_gfc_drg_rdl2_ci2_l.jpg

Nope, we are talking about the same tire. All DR's only come with 6/32 of tread. The wear bars are at 3/32. I thought those tires sucked ass in the rain. I could dump the clutch on the street and it would spin about half way through 1st then hook and go. Thats with a 300rwhp 98 cobra. I know them ones are good if you get one the has some sidewall and air them down.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
as the title states im in need of two rear tires. Im not thrilled about going to drag radials but I think it might be a must. WHat can you do on a set? I really like the Toyo proxes TQ but I hear they are on backorder. Or I was looking at the 555R or the NT05R, but I need something that will be ok in the rain. I dont drive it in the rain but im driving it to Sturgis for the mustang ralley so im sure somewhere in the 12hr round trip drive I will manage to find the rain. I found the 555Rs for $326 delivered. What can you do for me? I have money in hand.
Thanks
-Nick-

Drag radials are certainly not the best in the rain as you know. If you're not thrilled about running a drag radial why not go with the Nitto NT05 Max Performance street tire? This tire has serious grip and does fairly well in the rain. Check out the link below...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/discount-tire-direct-235/543676-nitto-nt05.html

We have this model in stock currently and shipping/sales tax is FREE for IA. residents :rockon:

Last edited:

jf4boogie

Established Member
Drag radials are certainly not the best in the rain as you know. If you're not thrilled about running a drag radial why not go with the Nitto NT05 Max Performance street tire? This tire has serious grip and does fairly well in the rain. Check out the link below...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/discount-tire-direct-235/543676-nitto-nt05.html

We have this model in stock currently and shipping/sales tax is FREE for IA. residents :rockon:

So what do you think about the BFG's I posted up? This is for a 600hp Cobra that is a weekend/occasional evening car that won't see rain unless I happen to get caught in it.

I've just always preferred the way the BFG's look as far as width over nittos which always seem to run significantly smaller :shrug:

Black Sex

Established Member
So what do you think about the BFG's I posted up? This is for a 600hp Cobra that is a weekend/occasional evening car that won't see rain unless I happen to get caught in it.

I've just always preferred the way the BFG's look as far as width over nittos which always seem to run significantly smaller :shrug:

I wasnt trilled about them in the rain as noone is with a DR. IMO I think the directional DR's will do better in the rain because they channel the water out form under the car. I thought they hooked ok on the street but at the track I wasnt impressed with them at all. I hear they are a good tire if you get them for a 15 or 16" wheel so you have more side wall. I went 3 almost 4 tenths faster in the 60' with woreout 275/40/17 Mickeys than I did with almost new BFG DRs in a 315/35/17. Maybe it was just the track conditions on the two different nights :shrug:

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
$218 is alittle more than I wanted to spend on tires. I am hard on them. But the no sales tax/free shipping sounds good though.
Here is what I found. If you can beat this I will buy from you guys:
https://www.onlinetires.com/cart.php

Sorry I missed this post!

We do guarantee the lowest delivered price on all the products we carry. If onlinetires.com has a cheaper delivered price after shipping, we'll certainly beat it. Give Kellen a call at 1.888.459.4080 ext 51874 and he'll make sure you get the best deal. Just remind him that you are a member here :rockon:

I would give the NT05R D/R a try. This tire competes with the M/T ET Street and has good on-road handling.

jf4boogie

Established Member
Sorry I missed this post!

We do guarantee the lowest delivered price on all the products we carry. If onlinetires.com has a cheaper delivered price after shipping, we'll certainly beat it. Give Kellen a call at 1.888.459.4080 ext 51874 and he'll make sure you get the best deal. Just remind him that you are a member here :rockon:

I would give the NT05R D/R a try. This tire competes with the M/T ET Street and has good on-road handling.

Can you please PM me a price on a set then (315.35.17)

jf4boogie

Established Member
bfg's are junk, can you also pm me a price on 315/35 17 nt05r's? im running the regular nt05's up front and they are awesome :beer:

So what you gonna order then Matt?

I'm thinking about just going with the ol' 555R's since you cant get the nt05r's and everyone seems to be steering away from bfg for some reason... I just wish they ran a little wider or offered a 325 or 335 or something...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread