Looking for Slicks for road racing on track

HansHeinen

SHELBYS ARE ME
Established Member
I have been using the Nitto Extreme II R 285/35ZR18 up front and 305/35ZR18 in the rear. I want to step up to a slick with heat cycling but am confused in what size tire will fit my rims. I don't want to go with the 315 in the rear for fear of it rubbing. I have always bought from discount tire so Hoping you can help. I could go down to a 30 from a 35 but the width is at its max. If not then I will stay with the Nitto set up I have been running

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
get a set of shelby take off wheels in 18x9.5 and grab some 275/40R18 NT01's. i used this setup for 3 years and it was very well balanced. make sure to dial in 2.0 to 2.5 degrees of camber up front.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sorry for the delay HansHeinen. I'm not sure how we missed this thread.

What vehicle application is this for? What are the wheel dimensions (width/offset)? Any suspension modifications?

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you for the additional information.

I couldn't find any dedicated RR "slicks" for your wheels but an excellent option to look into is, like kevinatfms noted, is the NT01. This model can be shaved down from it's original 6/32nds of tread depth to 4/32nds of tread depth revealing a "slick" tread surface with two circumferential tread grooves. This model is available in sizes 275/35-18 and 305/35-18 which work with your wheel dimensions. Here are the links with more details.

Ratings, reviews and specifications for Nitto NT-01 tires

Ratings, reviews and specifications for Nitto NT-01 tires

Users who are viewing this thread