Looking for shop/tuner

gwalker

Established Member
Recently bought an 03 cobra. Looking for a shop/tuner to check car and see exactly what has been done to it and what I should be looking to do next. I know some of the mods but Im sure I dont know all. I am in lancaster pa area. Who would you guys recommend? I dont mind a little bit of a drive.

06Saleen1287

Established Member
Recently bought an 03 cobra. Looking for a shop/tuner to check car and see exactly what has been done to it and what I should be looking to do next. I know some of the mods but Im sure I dont know all. I am in lancaster pa area. Who would you guys recommend? I dont mind a little bit of a drive.

Check out Johnny Lightning Performance. It's about a 20 minute ride from the Lancaster area and I hear his name thrown out there quite often. I have never actually used him for anything on my car as of yet but I have met him at a few events and he seems to be extremely knowledgable. Hope this helps and congrats on purchase!

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
i highly advise against that.^^^ he built my lightning and def didnt use the best parts(heads were junk), tune was off and was impossible to get a hold of.

look at JDM engineering in NJ or JPC in MD.

01strokersnake

Part Time Race Car Driver
Established Member
JPC is a top notch shop. My Cobra is there right now. They do nothing but great work and the customer service is awesome.

1slohawk

Established Member
race proven motorsports there work is top notch and not far from lancaster. Plus being in delaware its tax free.

ninety5fiveoh

DHG FTW!
Established Member
If you don't mind driving a bit, give Kevin Hand a call over at Wicked Motorsports in Ocean, NJ. I had a very positive experience with Kevin, and he put a lot of time into my car to really get the tune right, as well as fixed a few issues I didn't know existed. Very meticulous and very patient. Highly recommend!

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I know you are not in Maryland but you should consider Horsepower by Hermann in Beltsville, MD. Also there is Competition Speed and Sound in Mechanicsville, MD. I have spoke to Jason at Competition and he will be getting my business in the future.

Blk03CobraVenom

Love me some Boost
Established Member
Don't know if you're still looking or the layout in PA, but i know a good dude/tuner named Frank at PSI Motorsports. I think he's located in Palmerton. Had to look it up cause I haven't seen him in a long time. Treated me good and saved me some money. Don't know how things are now. Pretty sure should be the same.

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
I used JLP when I did the ProCharger on my Mach. Sent JLP an email after trying to reach John Lund to set up a base tune/dyno tune. Cars been good for a year, daily driven for the most part and some Cecil trips. RPM I know they're known for GM/LS platform cars.

Im1livewire

Established Member
+1. Thanks all. Definitely a huge help for me, too. Looks like I've got some good choices here in Columbia: JPC, Horsepower by Hermann, etc.

gwalker

Established Member
I just found out hp by hermann is the one who originally tuned the car I bought. He still around?

Users who are viewing this thread