Looking for possiblities for a new DD

Stangdriver13

Established Member
I currently have a 99 Navigator I've been driving for last two years ever since I wrecked my mach 1 (Not my fault). Well since then I have been busy finishing my degree and starting a career so I have yet to get back into the mustang game but I am currently saving for a GT500. Long story short I'm looking to get rid of the Navigator due to the horrendous gas mileage and the amount of money I spend on gas a month. I average about 12-13 mpg which is pretty brutal at $4.50 a gallon (requires premium gas). So I was looking for suggestions for an awd or 4wd vehicle that gets better mpg (20+ avg) but is still capable of getting around in Chicago winters. Been looking lately a 02-05 WRX's but don't know about reliability of these cars really. Anyone with any experiences with Subaru's or opinions on a reliable awd or 4wd car or suv that gets 20+ mpg I'd like to hear about it. O and I'm not trying to spend over 10-12k for a new DD....don't want to take out of the GT500 fund if possible.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Evo9 is also a good choice. Cheap to mod, gets 25mpg easy while modded, and awd.

C5z or GTO would be great dd's, they get 25mpg.

Last

Established Member
I have a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT with bolt-ons as my DD... 120k on the clock right now and no major issues so far. If I was you I would get an outback Legacy

Users who are viewing this thread