Looking for pictures of L's with these wheels..

tms217

Established Member
I'm getting ready to buy wheels and while I have found many I like, I have not been able to find pictures of them on a Lightning. Does anyone have pics of any of these wheels? Only two manufactures, True Forged and Bonspeed..

True Forged
DSC06703.jpg

Bonspeed
collage_lb_image_page15_18_1.png

collage_lb_image_page15_22_1.png

collage_lb_image_page15_25_1.png

collage_lb_image_page15_31_1.png

operator1391

Established Member
scroll down...

[ame=http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44968]A Fond Farewell and Tribute - Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com[/ame]

dizzygoat

Established Member
plz post up!!
im in the same boat as you bud, and happen to like every wheel you posted. However i would go with the CCWs(505a) before the True Forged. Its the same wheel design as the TF's you posted above. I have never dealt with them(true forged), heard ALOT of good things ive just dealt with CCW so many times with nothing but excellent results.

tms217

Established Member
CCW does not make their wheels to fit the 5x135mm pattern.. They max out at 130mm.. I already talked to them..

dizzygoat

Established Member
im not doubting what you are saying, because we all know how the aftermarket world is different folks say different things even tho they might work for the same place. They told me they could no problem tho. If i remember correctly, the CCW's i have currently in my garage are a 138.5, i will have to double check that tho.

who did you talk to up there?

tms217

Established Member
To be honest, I didnt take down his name.. after he said they couldnt make me a wheel I I lost interest. Their website confirmed the 130mm measurement. The guy I talked to didnt seem real happy..

dizzygoat

Established Member
hmmm thats odd. i know they have always prided themselves in being able to make a wheel that fits YOUR ride no matter what it is. Thats why i chose them for my GTO, nobody makes wheels specifically for our cars, most everybody uses wheels made for a BMW 3 series, and more often than not require fender rolling at the least, if not cutting and/or min-tubbing also.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
CCW does not make their wheels to fit the 5x135mm pattern.. They max out at 130mm.. I already talked to them..
Yeah i emailed them and got the same thing years ago.

Would some mustang wheel adapters fit? I thought about getting some sp500's for a terminator and using adapters.:??:

tms217

Established Member
You could do that, but for some reason, that does not appeal to me.. Why spend $3000 on wheels that don't really fit..

Dusten

Established Member
Yeah i emailed them and got the same thing years ago.

Would some mustang wheel adapters fit? I thought about getting some sp500's for a terminator and using adapters.:??:

fade 2 black runs adapters and mustang wheels, or used to

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
You could do that, but for some reason, that does not appeal to me.. Why spend $3000 on wheels that don't really fit..
To have something on a Lightning that no one else has.

I've spent thousands to do that once and i wouldnt mine doing it again. The attention it gets being something one of thousands is amazing.:rockon:

However mines not a show truck, i still rather bogarts. I like the all business look.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread