Looking for pics of 335/30/18 BFG T/A KDW NT on a 18x10 wheel

Vash

Established Member
i saw these pics already but they are on nittos and i heard nittos run alittle smaller:
11111111111111111.jpg

DSC00134.jpg

and i also heard that BFG's run wider. and i did a search and only found some that was mounted on like 10.5 wheels

i just wanted to see some pics of how much the BFGs would buldge out, or if they would even fit. If they buldged out like those pics i posted then, that would kind of be perfect. i would get nittos but i don't really have the use of some DRs right now

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
it will go on but not be safe at all. 1 member has it done. Im getting these tires for a set of 18x11s soon and im still concerned the tire will be to wide

Vash

Established Member
it will go on but not be safe at all. 1 member has it done. Im getting these tires for a set of 18x11s soon and im still concerned the tire will be to wide

what makes it unsafe? like unsafe to drive? or just hard to put on?

Erick

Established Member

Because you're stretching a tire that's approved for a rim size of 11.5-12.5".
With a low profile 30-series tire that's a lot to pull a tire in.

I'm not saying it can't be done but I wouldn't drive on it and it's probably going to look like trash with that much bulge.

It's not that much money to have a pair of rims widened.

Vash

Established Member
that silver car i posted has 335's nitto on 18x10.. i don't think it looks too bad.. actually i don't see how it looks bad at all.

Erick

Established Member
that silver car i posted has 335's nitto on 18x10.. i don't think it looks too bad.. actually i don't see how it looks bad at all.
Very nice car and I realize that it's all a matter of opinion but that's a lot of bulge:
DSC00401fixed.jpg

The way I like it:
wide2bc7.jpg

Last edited:

tjs98gt

Established Member
nittos only run smaller in 17" diameters, ive mounted both BFG and nittos in 17 and 18" in widths up to 335. i would NOT recommend putting the 335 on a 10" rim, i was able to get it mounted onto the wheel but it bulged like crazy and i didnt think it was safe so i dismounted it ordered some 315s for he customer, he then ordered 10.5 inch wheels and we mounted the 335s on them and it still bulged quite a bit. by the time he got the 10.5s he was already running 315 nittos for a while and decided against the 335s on the 10.5 inch wheels because he just didnt think the nitto grabbed well enough so he ordered 315 MTs instead.

BlckBullitt01

Established Member

I don't know if a 335 on a 10" wheel is necessarily "unsafe," however just know that BFG themselves say NOT to put on anything less than I believe at LEAST 11.5"

Also, I can guarantee you that a tire like (for ex.) a 305/35/18 Nitto is going to look just as wide on there as the 335 is. Why? Well, first both tires are still going on a 10" wheel, so the bigger tires are just going to have to "cram in" more.

On top of the fact that the sidewalls will buldge outwards AND your tire tread itself will bulge/bubble meaning the inside of your tread will wear out before your outsides, ALONG w/ a decreased contact patch because of the tread bulge/bubble.

So now you've got what might be an unsafe tire, that doesn't look any wider, that will actually have LESS of a contact patch (therefore traction) than a properly sized tire ON TOP of the tire wearing out incorrectly/ to fast.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
year old thread, and yes it can be unsafe when a tire way too wide is put on a wheel too narrow. The sidewall was not meant to bulge that much.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
new year...new ppl... ppl wanna know... That what this was all about... at least I thought... Sorry, I just hate when I see someone that writes on any forum for that matter..."ONE YEAR OLD FORUM" or how old it is period... Thats why it stays in file and u have the availability to shuffel thru the pages for helpful info you or someone may be inq on there new problem or vehicle...or whatever... Not everyone has been a member since Jesus last logged in OR has own the vehicle since 2003 day of release... Sorry... It is what it is... A forum.

JWSnake

Established Member
335, in a BFG, is probably way too wide/unsafe for a 10 inch rim. Need 10.5" wide at least.

Users who are viewing this thread