Looking for opinions,advice before I pull the trigger.

athlon551

Established Member
Just bought a 2007 Red Convertible GT500 with 1500miles on it. So far I have got a 14" Antenna, Red Mirror Covers, Bobs LCA's and 3.73 Gears. It also from what I can tell came with a Metco Pully but not sure how to identify what size. Do I just measure where the belt goes around the pully? I believe it as a steeda CAI too but not sure how to identify it either?

I have bought some QTP Low profile Oval Electric Cutouts that I want to mount on a MRT MaxFlow H-Pipe Exhaust, with High Flow Cats but want to make sure this is the way to go? If this is not loud enought I will get some KR Mufflers.

I also want to lower and stiffen the rear about an inch. The rake is just to much for my liking. There is not much I have found for a convertible rear only. I have seen the H/R and Roush but neither say they are for convertible. I am also assuming I will need adjustable UCA and Panhard Bar and wanting to know which ones I should get?

After all that is done I think I am going to put 305-45-18 Nittos 555's on it. I know that the rim is only 9.5 but I think I can push it another centimeter per side. I have seen some put 305 M/T's on stockers. This is just my sunday car so it should be ok right?

The last mod i am looking at is painted stripes. Anything to watch out for here?

Maybe next year upgrade H/E, get a Lower 10% and Driveshaft.

Thanks
Matt

Last edited:

Ray Lucca

Established Member
You can get the H/R Springs by the pair, or all 4. Same with the Roush Springs. H/R's are a better set-up, should also add an Adj. Panhard Bar with it. Should sit level with the rears only, [mine does]. Might want to check the Tune on the Dyno before getting after it. Did it come with a Tuner??? Go on the Steeda site for info. on their Cai. NXT makes painted No-drill Hood Struts that work great and are easily installed... Enjoy the new ride.....

athlon551

Established Member
You can get the H/R Springs by the pair, or all 4. Same with the Roush Springs. H/R's are a better set-up, should also add an Adj. Panhard Bar with it. Should sit level with the rears only, [mine does]. Might want to check the Tune on the Dyno before getting after it. Did it come with a Tuner??? Go on the Steeda site for info. on their Cai. NXT makes painted No-drill Hood Struts that work great and are easily installed... Enjoy the new ride.....

It did come with a SCT Tuner. The guy I bought it from was a retired FORD Chassis Engineer. He had a couple of Guys come over to his house from Roush in Livonia install the tune and pulley. The guy had some pretty cool cars and contacts just did not know the specifics of performance mods.

athlon551

Established Member
Pics

DSC03197.jpg

CAI
DSC03194.jpg

Pulley

Users who are viewing this thread