Looking for opinion

TK94Bird

whoopin some ass
Established Member
Got a ticket yesterday for "illegal use of a radio". I do not know where the officer came from, or where he heard me. I was told in Wi that if you can hear a stereo from over 75 feet away you are breaking the legal limit. I will admit it was a nice day, windows down, and on a very high traffic street so i did have the radio fairly loud. I don't think that it would be above the legal point but honestly it would be hard for me to argue that fact. Anyhow it came with a no point $90 fine. Just wondering if anyone had experience with a similar fine, and would it be worth taking a day off to go to court? I would just be looking to get it reduced, i doubt i could get it dropped, nor would i bother paying a lawyer for such a small thing. Again not seeking "legal" advise here, just wondering if it would perhaps be a waste to take a day off when i could just pay it and be done. For what its worth i am 30 and have a nearly clean record "one ticket for 38 in a 30 zone 4 years ago".

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Tony, that is wierd. I dont many cops that would be bothered with that unless it was so loud and with a ton of base that it was shaking their cruiser.

It is no points because it is not a moving violation.

$90 is steep for that too, but it is one of those public annoyance type fines.

Good Luck

TK94Bird

whoopin some ass
Established Member
Well Hulk to be honest he pulled me over cause its a red sports car, and now that i am back in Wi i have out of state plates again (Oregon Plates on car yet). I hate to call possible profiling but to be honest i think thats what it was. For what its worth yes i have a lot of bass but at the time i had on Johnny Cash, ghost riders :) Anyhow i guess from the sound of it i will just pay it and call it a day of bad luck, thanks for the input though.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> ...if you can hear a stereo from over 75 feet away you are breaking the legal limit.

LEO pulled me over a few weeks back and mentioned a 50-foot limit. No harm, no foul, no ticket.

TK94Bird

whoopin some ass
Established Member
Look sorry for bringing up that P word ok. But i am sorry to say it does happen. When i moved to Oregon i got stopped 6 times in a matter of 4 weeks, not one single ticket nor was i ever told why i was stopped. I got my OR plates and in the next year not one stop. Gee i get back to Wi and have my OR plates on and i have been pulled over 2 times in 2 weeks. Maybe the word profile is not the correct term to use hear, but i am sorry, to say there is no coincedence to the fact that all these happened with out of state plates " which just happen to be on a bright red Firebird" i personally cannot believe that. I'm not really that upset or anything, nor were any of the officers that stopped me rude or asses or anything, i just think its more than a coincedance is all. Sorry for ruffling any feathers out there, that was not my intent at all!!

Don't you think its easier to take responsibility for your actions?

For what its worth in my very first post i said that i was most likely in the wrong, albeit probably a close call, but i take responsibility that i was playing my music louder than necessary.

Last edited:

mambaman

Established Member
this is somewhat off the topic, but here in ohio, i am under the impression that you have to go to court for any type of moving violation if you're under 18...so i am to understand that if you get pulled over for music too loud, you'd just have to pay a fine, or would you also have to go to court?

Users who are viewing this thread