Looking for moving advice. (Atlanta OTP)

SNCBOOM

Established Member
My girlfriend and I are finally ready to relocate closer to my work, around the Fulton Industrial area. Today was the first time we've been out looking for places and we checked out Mableton and Douglasville. We're only looking to rent a house for now but we're still trying to figure out the decent areas and I just want to be within 30-45 minutes of work. We plan on checking out Dallas next weekend but wasn't sure if any locals had any advice. Thanks :beer:

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Powder Springs, Hiram, Dallas, Marietta, Smyrna, Kennesaw(depending what part of FI), Douglasville...etc

Parts of Powder Springs, Dallas, Marietta, Smyrna and what ever area the East West Connector is...are a lot of nice areas. My shop is in the Dallas area and 30-45 minutes of FI which depends on what portion you work on....can give you a lot of nice areas.

If i knew where exactly I could give you a better idea.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I'm a contractor for the railroad so my location isn't very static but we did start to get up into Cobb co. and Marietta and liked the looks of that. We'll probably pick back up there next weekend and maybe try to check out Dallas.

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Dallas is really nice. Alot of newer houses area shops around that area.

Yeah the 92/268 hwy area has pretty much every shop you need to live from and many you dont. Its a very nice area. My shop is about 2 miles from there.

As for living if your basically looking the north side of FI, I would look all the way down the East/West Connector to HWY 268. A lot of nice areas a long there. Kennesaw and Marietta have a lot of nice areas off Cobb Parkway/ Stilesburo / Old Hwy 41 and around the Kennesaw Mountain area. Or go basically all around Dallas Hwy as that gives you access to a lot of nice neighborhoods.

I mean there are literally too many areas to list. Your looking in a very nice place. When I plan to move out of my townhome next summer I will be looking for a home in the Kennesaw/Wood Stock/Sandy Plains area. So much to chose from in Cobb County.

ibleedblue65

Established Member
I just bought a house in dallas about six months ago but I have lived in cobb\paulding my whole life. I work in mableton. Everyone has differing opinions on this but I'll give you my take. Avoid mableton like the plague,.you couldn't pay me enough to live down here. Kennesaw is real nice, turning into a decent college town. I went to school there. Thing about k town is traffic. Around the area is bad and the 75 commute is awful. Powder springs is an ish, there are some nice areas I guess but the schools suck and there are definitely some slums. I like hiram dallas myself but I am a little red. Well priced housing. Lots of shopping and restaurants. And the commute down 278 is the best I've had in atlanta. I love it. Let me know if you need a hand with anything man, I'll be sure to help when I can.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Thanks, we're still trying to sort through all of the listings. Everything starts to run together after you've been to 20+ houses. Anything to get rid of my 3 hour daily commute will be gladly welcomed. I'm just excited to have the Lightning out there where people meet and talk cars. Any insight on meets in the general area?

ibleedblue65

Established Member
Depends on what your into. I know theres a group that has a show every third saturday at stars and strikes off 92 & dallas hwy. You'll get the kids hanging out on barrett parkway. You can usually find a group in a retail parking lot on friday or saturday night. It's hit or miss though. As for drag racing since dallas shut down there is nothing real close. Either commerce or silver dollar. I prefer silver dollar because it's a lot less crowded but still a good track. Road course you have atlanta or barber.

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
As for meets, there is pretty much something happening in Cobb county every weekend. 3rd Sunday every month there is a early morning meet at Lost Mountain park off Dallas Hwy. Its a small meet, but slowly growing.

Basically if your on Facebook join https://www.facebook.com/groups/166433870003/ You will be able to find out about any show going on in the surrounding area.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Thanks, I joined. We ended up finding a house in Mableton off Cooper Lake so I look forward to coming out soon.

Users who are viewing this thread