Looking for more N/A power

chad21000

Established Member
I currently have a 1998 cobra with 4.10s, cold air intake, longtubes, off road h pipe, flow master mufflers, tune, and imrc deletes. Not really wanting to spend the money right now on F/I. I will eventually, just not now. What vehicles could I use c heads off of? And any other mods to bump me up some? Exhaust cams etc?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
You probably already know, but it's not as simple as bolting on a set of C heads, you also need a new timing cover, u/l intake etc.
Also, if you are eventually going with forced induction, the B heads are a better bet.

chad21000

Established Member
Yeah I do understand that. Just curious as to what vehicles I could get the heads off of and any other n/a mods just for now. I will eventually go F/I and I would like to do the c head and intake swap to have more aftermarket available.

Recon

Established Member
Lincoln Continental has C heads, from what I've been told. Then you've also got the 99 and 01 cobra's.

Ironmancuck

Banned
Established Member
You probably already know, but it's not as simple as bolting on a set of C heads, you also need a new timing cover, u/l intake etc.
Also, if you are eventually going with forced induction, the B heads are a better bet.

What you are saying is incorrect. When swapping over to C heads, the original 98 Cobra timing cover can be reused.

As far as intake goes, there are plenty of 99-01 Cobra and 03-04 Mach 1 upper lower intakes available on eBay for a decent price.

Some one mentioned that the B heads are "a better bet if going forced induction." However, up to 7000 RPM, the C head is best, regardless of power adder. After 7000 the B head or the Ford GT head flows more but how many of you spin your cobra motor past 7000 rpm ???

ZeroDCX

Established Member
What you are saying is incorrect. When swapping over to C heads, the original 98 Cobra timing cover can be reused.

As far as intake goes, there are plenty of 99-01 Cobra and 03-04 Mach 1 upper lower intakes available on eBay for a decent price.

Some one mentioned that the B heads are "a better bet if going forced induction." However, up to 7000 RPM, the C head is best, regardless of power adder. After 7000 the B head or the Ford GT head flows more but how many of you spin your cobra motor past 7000 rpm ???

+1. On all points. You should try looking for a set of 05+ Aviator heads, they're the same as 03-04 Cobra heads with the revised coolant passages and have 9 threads per spark plug versus the typical 4 threads. Casting P/N: 2C5E-6C064-DC

Also if you run the B-Intake lid adapter then you literally keep everything else in stock locations. (As far as everything attached to the intake lid ie. EGR, throttle body, throttle body cable, DPFE Sensor, IAC)

http://www.terminator-cobra.com/castings.htm

Tillerman77

Established Member
I currently have a 1998 cobra with 4.10s, cold air intake, longtubes, off road h pipe, flow master mufflers, tune, and imrc deletes. Not really wanting to spend the money right now on F/I. I will eventually, just not now. What vehicles could I use c heads off of? And any other mods to bump me up some? Exhaust cams etc?
Do you still have the IMRC controller?

chad21000

Established Member
I wasn't aware aviator heads could be used. What years would work and is the intake usable? There are plenty of aviator in the junkyard near me.

Users who are viewing this thread