Looking for job leads/companies in the Dallas/FW area

slider701

Established Member
Hey Guys......I'm a newbie here....although I have been searching the site for 5 years.

I work for Ford in Detroit and just recently got offered my "voluntary separation package". I probably wont lose my job if I don't accept it, but the wife and I are seriously thinking of taking it and getting out of Michigan.

I'm looking for leads on engineering companies in the DFW area, either in the automotive, aerospace, or gas/oil industry. I have been doing lots of searches on Monster/Careerbuilder and have had many leads, including multiple interviews (I'm still holding my fingers crossed on the last one). What I'm really looking for is someone who works at a company like Rayethon, Lockheed, etc.. that is in an engineering or management position that can point me to someone in thier company for engineering or program management positions.

Some background on myself........I worked 5 years at SVT under the old SVT regime....the best years of my life! I came into SVT at the beginning of the Terminator program and was there till the bitter end. If you have read Frank Morarity's book, "Iron First - Lead Foot" you'll know who I am. I, along with most of the old school Coletti cronies got booted out with the new regime and I managed to land a great job in anther part of the company.

Unfortunately we have just come to hate Michigan and now with this package staring us in the face (9 months of salary, 6 mths of benefits) its hard to not just sign on the dotted line and get out.

Why Texas? I have done a lot of work with Shelby in LV when Brent was the VP out there. About 1 1/2 years ago he moved to Dallas to work for Unique Performance and he tried to get me down there. This was the beginning of us falling in love with Dallas and Texas and the higher quality of life down there. We spent a week down there in March and loved it, and I have been back 4 times since.

If any of you can help me out with some contacts it would be greatly appreciated. Talk to your dad's, uncle's, neighbors who work at thest types of companies and let me know. PM me with questions or feedback.

I hope this will work out for me. And I can guarantee that the first night out with you guys will be very interesting for you to hear all of the great stories from working at SVT.

Thanks Guys!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread