Looking for intercooler install instructions

SuperG

Established Member
Hey guys!! I am without bumper, so I thought now would be a great time to install an intercooler on my '97...There have been some great threads on installing intercoolers but without the search function, I cannot find the threads.

Any of you have some useful links?

I have the stock(ish) Vortec setup at 8psi, so would I need to rotate the head? Should I cut the styrofoam or install an intercooler behind and below? What are some good places to order the piping?

Once installed, retuned, I'll let you know how it comes out...oh, I will most likely get another pulley!! It will be interesting to see how much boost I get and Hp increase...I plan on having temperature and pressure gauges before and after the intercooler.

Thanks for any help guys!!

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
You definately need to rotate the head. Do you have an intercooler already? Because every intercooler is going to be a little different. You do not need to cut the styrofoam. The majority of intercoolers will be placed behind and below. Although you may need to trim the bumper support a little. As for piping there are a couple kits on ebay that fit quite well. And you can get silicon peices from race parts solutions.

Furinox

Established Member
I bought this kit for my car and it was very good quality:

eBay Motors: CXRacing 31" Intercooler Piping Kit INTEGRA RSX MUSTANG (item 390031547586 end time Feb-20-09 17:16:50 PST)

Picture012.jpg

SuperG

Established Member
Wow...what size piping did you buy? Looks like it fits well...did you have any issues? Also, what did you have to get from Vortech? Just a new head unit bracket?

Last edited:

Furinox

Established Member
Wow...what size piping did you buy? Looks like it fits well...did you have any issues? Also, what did you have to get from Vortech? Just a new head unit bracket?

I got 3 in piping, probably shoulda gone with 2.5, but you don't need anything from vortech. The front part of the blower unbolts and you can rotate it. The bracket doesn't move

SuperG

Established Member
Hey guys...still looking for some install info, especially pics.

I am thinking of getting an intercooler with the inlet/outlets on the passenger side to reduce the total length of tubing...

Users who are viewing this thread