Looking for Input about Pro Edge tuning in New Haven!!

redcollection8

Established Member
I heard all about this car even before I responded to the ops post. Ill tell you this....if the responses to your original post dont put you at ease may as well get out of the modified car game. I have been witness to HORROR STORIES with other shops and Bill and Pro Edge aren't that type of shop or people. Sure cars come in jacked up and customers think magic can be worked with existing mechanical issues not being addressed. Not the case...I build my own cars and problems are what occur when inexperienced owners dont know whats going on...as it seems like the situation here...not saying you caused them but they existed obviously.

Ive been in the mustang scene for 20years...Bill is by far one of the best dudes ive made a part of my family....ive seen him countless times help people for next to nothing and go the extra mile for no charge added.

+1 My car WAS a horror story.. luckily Bill was there to help me out, and in doing so he helped out on the price and went the extra mile to ensure i had a beast for this summer.

bullitt4882

Established Member
+1 My car WAS a horror story.. luckily Bill was there to help me out, and in doing so he helped out on the price and went the extra mile to ensure i had a beast for this summer.

Thank you for the input! Everyone has nothing but good to say and that's what I'm seeing I will receive as well.

1320 Junkie

Established Member

Your car was a prime example but it was fixed the RIGHT way and now your ready to roll.

Bluestorm

First Off Let Me Give A Huge THANK YOU To All Of My Supporters!! And All Of You Guys Who Posted Your Experiences With Pro Edge Tuning...YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME.!!!!
I wish I could multi quote and thank everyone of you individually but it would be a longer post than I did last night..LOL..just know that Myself and my shop appreciate you all.!!!
You all are the reason why I love what I do, and make going that extra mile all worth while..
Its a testament that when you support your customers and they support you and you work together when issues arise you cant loose! THANKS AGAIN

On another note....update, (I am sure John will chime in at some point)...The mechanical issue hurdles John was facing seems to be in his past, A few little "tweaks" and the car is running awesome, making excellent power and drives strong. We had a productive talk and meeting today for sure, He drove and picked up his car today so he is on his way for a great summer...

Last edited:

1320 Junkie

Established Member
First Off Let Me Give A Huge THANK YOU To All Of My Supporters!! And All Of You Guys Who Posted Your Experiences With Pro Edge Tuning...YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME.!!!!
I wish I could multi quote and thank everyone of you individually but it would be a longer post than I did last night..LOL..just know that Myself and my shop appreciate you all.!!!
You all are the reason why I love what I do, and make going that extra mile all worth while..
Its a testament that when you support your customers and they support you and you work together when issues arise you cant loose! THANKS AGAIN

On another note....update, (I am sure John will chime in at some point)...The mechanical issue hurdles John was facing seems to be in his past, A few little "tweaks" and the car is running awesome, making excellent power and drives strong. We had a productive talk and meeting today for sure, He drove and picked up his car today so he is on his way for a great summer...

Well done Bill...:beer:

marcoc

Established Member
All of us gave credit where credit is due. I mention ProEdge to anyone with a domestic V8 muscle car that is looking for a professional and experience tuner, such as Bill. Can't wait for Spring so we can get our cars out and hit the meets and streets :)

bullitt4882

Established Member
I want to just take a minute and post my final experiences with ProEdge and with Bill. After picking my car up yesterday and having Bill go over every aspect of his findings with both me and my father in technical detail I am more than satisfied. A little communication goes a long way and I now feel silly for questioning ProEdge. His equipment is top notch and is a perfect match to his personal knowledge. I am beyond impressed after realizing how far a little tweaking could go.

I am sure anyone who does all their own work can relate, but having a father who has been a Porsche technician for 30+ years, I have learned the in's and out's of a vehicle from childhood and not a single one of my cars, projects, etc has EVER EVER been left in the hands of another person or shop to perform work. I am more than capable of building, maintaining, fixing anything, but I am no tuner or calibrater by any means. So my nervous and skeptical self took the best of me.

Long story short, for anyone considering ProEdge, now or in the future, take it from me and use this thread as guidance. Sit back, relax, and take a breath while your car is in the hands of Bill. No matter the time. He WILL get it perfect.

For all that may remember the car or care, I have purchased the long ago semi famous 97 rio red hellion turbo'd cobra (with the evo seats LOL). The car has seen better days and is currently at 141k but with 15k on a stock 03 cobra shortblock. Upon purchase with a toasted t45 I yanked both the motor and trans and began going thru the car piece by piece replacing every single engine gasket and thoroughly prepping this car so there would be no surprises at the tuner... LOL. Nothing is that easy! But bill has worked his magic and tuned what is not an easy car to tune. Final numbers are here!

The car made 491 whp at 5800 rpm, and 456 ftlbs at around 5000 rpm. Conservative timing and 10 lbs of boost with room to grow in the future.

Thanks again ProEdge!

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I want to just take a minute and post my final experiences with ProEdge and with Bill. After picking my car up yesterday and having Bill go over every aspect of his findings with both me and my father in technical detail I am more than satisfied. A little communication goes a long way and I now feel silly for questioning ProEdge. His equipment is top notch and is a perfect match to his personal knowledge. I am beyond impressed after realizing how far a little tweaking could go.

I am sure anyone who does all their own work can relate, but having a father who has been a Porsche technician for 30+ years, I have learned the in's and out's of a vehicle from childhood and not a single one of my cars, projects, etc has EVER EVER been left in the hands of another person or shop to perform work. I am more than capable of building, maintaining, fixing anything, but I am no tuner or calibrater by any means. So my nervous and skeptical self took the best of me.

Long story short, for anyone considering ProEdge, now or in the future, take it from me and use this thread as guidance. Sit back, relax, and take a breath while your car is in the hands of Bill. No matter the time. He WILL get it perfect.

For all that may remember the car or care, I have purchased the long ago semi famous 97 rio red hellion turbo'd cobra (with the evo seats LOL). The car has seen better days and is currently at 141k but with 15k on a stock 03 cobra shortblock. Upon purchase with a toasted t45 I yanked both the motor and trans and began going thru the car piece by piece replacing every single engine gasket and thoroughly prepping this car so there would be no surprises at the tuner... LOL. Nothing is that easy! But bill has worked his magic and tuned what is not an easy car to tune. Final numbers are here!

The car made 491 whp at 5800 rpm, and 456 ftlbs at around 5000 rpm. Conservative timing and 10 lbs of boost with room to grow in the future.

Thanks again ProEdge!

Glad you got everything worked out to your satisfaction.

agwazz

Established Member
Great numbers OP that dyno can hurt the ego!!! Good Luck and I'm glad it all worked out for you!!! I'm sure we'll see you out there this summer!!!

Bluestorm

John it was great to show you and your dad the live data log scans and dyno the car the other day and have you take it for a ride, it runs strong with more on tap for sure!!!!
Meeting your dad was a blast! we had a great time talking about the industry and sharing stories about cars etc.. you have a great parent there!
As always keep me in the loop, I look forward to seeing you around with the car... and as I always say this is such as great business-hobby to be into and once your in the family your in the family see you soon...

Users who are viewing this thread