Looking for Input about Pro Edge tuning in New Haven!!

zpstang96

Established Member
My experience with them was great. Bill tuned my 96 there and I couldn't be happier. Great guy who has been around Mustangs for a long time. Price was very fair too. I believe Christian got his GT500 tuned by them as well

agwazz

Established Member
Had my car tuned there last summer and am very happy. Like previously stated Bill Miller is a great and knowledgeable tuner. I recommend going in and having a chat with him about what you are looking to do to your car. Highly Recommended!!!

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Bill is one of my closest friends and my tuner....anything else you need to know just ask.

redcollection8

Established Member
I bought my Mach 1 and had a problem with it running hot. It was apparently a fresh build when i bought it. Had Bill take a look, motor ended up being toasted. Got a new motor from MMR and had Bill put it in the car and tune it. For a break in base tune the car drive great. He's really knowledgable and a cool dude in general. I'm pumped to see what my car will do for the power tune, just have to put a some more mileage on the motor.

marcoc

Established Member
Great shop. Bill knows what he is doing. He tuned my Cobra last summer and managed to get 10whp and 18ft/lbs more power from my Bama Tune. He knows his mustangs and knows how to make power. He found my cars timing way off and adjusted it. Very good pricing as well. I say give him a call and mention SVTPerformance.

VasiliosK

Established Member
I was tuned by Bill Miller at Pro Edge last year when i switched from stock blower to TVS. My car runs strong! I had a great experience there. He is a real down to earth guy and very knowledgable, def knows his stuf! I highly recommend him for tuning.

bullitt4882

Established Member
Hopefully all these good comments are what I receive. I have asked about Bill as a tuner because I feel I have been getting the run around from him. Had my turbo 97 cobra tuned a few weeks ago and it left the shop running extremely lean at idle and cruising. Took many phone calls to get a call back from Bill, and after paying cash and getting no receipt I began to get nervous. My car is back there again now finally for him to correct it..but again...he doesn't seem to return any calls and something just didn't settle right...hopefully I am just being skeptical and all goes well. Will report back in a few days after I hear from him. Thank you everyone for the responses!!

Bluestorm

Hopefully all these good comments are what I receive. I have asked about Bill as a tuner because I feel I have been getting the run around from him. Had my turbo 97 cobra tuned a few weeks ago and it left the shop running extremely lean at idle and cruising. Took many phone calls to get a call back from Bill, and after paying cash and getting no receipt I began to get nervous. My car is back there again now finally for him to correct it..but again...he doesn't seem to return any calls and something just didn't settle right...hopefully I am just being skeptical and all goes well. Will report back in a few days after I hear from him. Thank you everyone for the responses!!
Hey guys as most of you know I very rarely post on forums and take most info. with a grain of salt as there are times you can see only one side of a story or distorted facts and I like to stay out of the "drama".
Also as most of you know I am honest and open as I have been in business for 18+ years. I choose to address this post as I would like to make sure all facts are out and it disturbed me a bit.
John I assume this is you with your 97 Red Cobra and I would like to address items individually, correct me if I am wrong on any account.(This is the summary of important items you brought up all details would take 10 pages..LOL..)
You brought me your car on a referral and stated you wanted the car to be checked out,it was running poorly,had idle issues and you were concerned about the tune.
We put it on the dyno lift and noticed a few oil leaks and a bit more than average wear and tear on the car,exhaust and turbo kit, you didn't have much info on the car besides it had been through several owners and several tuners (your words) and it supposedly made 500+ HP. but it didn't feel like it.
Also if I recall we spoke a few times on the phone about your set up before you even made an appointment and I gave you my advise as any good shop should.
Upon arrival to the shop the car would surge on idle and was extremely rich at idle 9.8 afr, on cruise it was in the low 10's AFR and on a short pull it was mid 10's AFR. and not on its way making no where close to 500. I made tune changes upon the modifications you listed and told me, long and short of it the car was responding very slowly to bigger changes than it should take. We asked you about injector size and fuel pump and boost a pump etc, you confirmed modifications and stated you purchased the KB Boost a pump and injectors used on line, after more tuning changes and data logging we determined there was some type of a mechanical issue, (keeping it short for the post) we tested several things not knowing or ever working on the car before we found the KB Boost a pump and at idle was at full voltage then it would vary voltage all over the place jumping voltage all around to the fuel pump, did more testing checked wiring, exhaust etc. we even called KB to tell them what we saw and they stated it was a internal short in the boost a pump. We told you we would keep the car over night and work on it more the next day for you even though we had other cars in the shop and it was on the schedule only for a tune as the car was supposed to be tune ready, you stated your concerns about what the cost would be as we spent extra time trying to tune around a mechanical issue that we didn't know existed and diag. your issues (which we didn't cause) I told you don't worry about the bill we would keep it low as you were a referral and you seemed like a good guy and you didn't know what you were getting into with this car you didn't build the car and we wanted to help you,we are in this business because we love the hobby, yes we have a business to run but were not in this to get rich but support the hobby and we love our work... were my words to you.
Onto the next day,Moving on we removed the KB and started tuning again the car responded much better I had to start over as fueling was all off from the previous issues, I called you and kept you posted on the progress and how it was going. Finished wide open throttle tuning and dialed in "dip in" mid point fueling for turbo etc...the car made more power and "smoother power" than when it came in at the proper AFR we have dyno sheets. I can quote exact numbers if needed. I called you and let you know where we were at and you came to get the car as we both were on a time schedule and needed some other work which you wanted to do, you drove the car and said the power felt great and came on stronger than before...I told you excellent keep me posted, we didn't get a chance to street drive the car or do fine tuning for sure which you were aware of. You called a day later or so and we discussed slow O2 sensors etc. maybe other issues, you fixed and check other things that we discussed in detail I then said let me know and I will get you in ASAP. If issues are fixed and if there is tune "tweaks" needed You called and left a message I called you the following day from the message, we discussed your findings, testing, cars condition etc,I then said call me Monday and I will get you in sometime on Tuesday to accommodate you on your day off, you called Monday, on Monday I was out most of the day on family issue and tuning the balance of the day. You showed up Tuesday morning,we didn't speak about an appointment time or anything yet, my guys called me I told them I was remote tuning a car in Minnesota from my house office (appointment was made 3 weeks previous) I told them tell you I will get the soon. You left did some errands and when I got there I was still remote tuning a car waiting on datalogs from car, we discussed your car,some of the things you changed and tested O2's etc I told you no worries leave the car I will work on it fix any issues car may have again we didn't street drive the car, no cold start no hot start we didn't have that time with the car etc..etc..you asked about cost.. I said no cost its still all part of the original cost for sure,we stick by our work, but the car has been through several owners, shops, tuners and mechanical work that we didn't do, so we will always do our best and tune anything but you cant tune a mechanical issue,we will continue to work with you we but there have been issues from the start, it is more than a tune that's needed..
And as a shop I don't know what more we could do than try and help you and support you in fixing issues that we didn't cause on a car we didn't build.
Your concerns:
No receipt(cash):I gave you the "cash" price as a referral, I think only $500 correct me there I can check my records for sure but we have way way more time into the car,tuning and mechanical testing-Diag. than that price,No problem I will print one up and charge accordingly you know what I mean by that.
Took many phone calls to reach me:I call same day or next day and we have spoken several times and I have gone into great detail on our phone calls with you about your set up,I am sorry I cant call back right away but when I am working-Tuning on a car I do not stop and loose concentration on that vehicle. I am sure you would want me to do the same when I am working on your car.
Getting the Run Around: Call Saturday car is in the shop on Tuesday..Not Monday because Tuesday is your day off from work.. far from a run around!!
Didn't Return Phone Calls: See above if we didn't talk how is car at my shop
Correct issues: We stand behind our work and as I stated before cant tune mechanical issues, car has had several hurdles and we have been helping you right along and not charging you for a lot of time(on a car we didn't build or ever work on before), now your doing your own work( which is fine by us), but normally in this situation if we didn't build the car and it has been through several shops and tunes etc. and we see the issues we saw we fix it all in house and charge accordingly or we don't work on the car at all.. too many chances for issues to come up and point fingers we do all the work or not at all( I am sure you can understand that from a business standpoint), if they are all fixed which you stated you tested and everything is good, we needed time with the car that we didn't have. We have it now and worked on it today and its on the dyno right now dialing it in...but see below
Skeptical: I/we as a shop are skeptical now also as we thought we were doing you a "solid" helping you out working with you on this car with its issues going above and beyond as always been our practice...see other posts on here, you cant make everyone happy but if you stand behind your work and support the customer and work together than its a win win..
But this was a complete surprise considering all we have done, and with only one side of the story your telling for sure I think we need to talk tomorrow as I wont air personal things but we need to talk before I go any further with your car if this is your feelings.
I/we are shocked as a shop about this .

Last edited:

marcoc

Established Member
Very well thought out Bill. To the OP rethink your ordeal and let ProEdge do their thing. As you can see he is running a quality business and he IS trying his best to assist you. I as many others are happy with ProEdge tuning. I will be a repeat customer in the future. Bill is a very smart tuner and as he stated if he is busy he will get back to you at a point that he can. OP good luck with the car and Bill thanks for the quality tune on my Cobra last summer.

agwazz

Established Member
X2...OP I totally understand your frustration. Unfortunately that is the "joy" of buying a modified used car. It appears that you are looking to blame someone for the preexisting issues with your car and there seem to be a few. Have faith/patience and let Bill and the guys at the shop do what they do best. Good luck with your car OP hopefully all can be resolved.

bullitt4882

Established Member
There are always two sides and I understand that. Bill, there are a few corrections I'd like to make but will not do so on here. I am more than glad you chimed in on here. I am not on here to run you down by any means and I think my post was taken harder than meant. That is not and was not my intent. Only looking for feedback from others and with all the positive replies I stated that that takes the uneasiness away. There are many many dyno shops to choose from. How can someone know they have made the right choice without some feedback from others. Every business has reviewers. Please, just give me a phone call.

marcoc

Established Member
OP I am sure you will work it out with Bill @ ProEdge tuning. Otherwise good luck and keep us all posted on your outcome

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I heard all about this car even before I responded to the ops post. Ill tell you this....if the responses to your original post dont put you at ease may as well get out of the modified car game. I have been witness to HORROR STORIES with other shops and Bill and Pro Edge aren't that type of shop or people. Sure cars come in jacked up and customers think magic can be worked with existing mechanical issues not being addressed. Not the case...I build my own cars and problems are what occur when inexperienced owners dont know whats going on...as it seems like the situation here...not saying you caused them but they existed obviously.

Ive been in the mustang scene for 20years...Bill is by far one of the best dudes ive made a part of my family....ive seen him countless times help people for next to nothing and go the extra mile for no charge added.

Last edited:

bullitt4882

Established Member
I heard all about this car even before I responded to the ops post. Ill tell you this....if the responses to your original post dont put you at ease may as well get out of the modified car game. I have been witness to HORROR STORIES with other shops and Bill and Pro Edge aren't that type of shop or people. Sure cars come in jacked up and customers think magic can be worked with existing mechanical issues not being addressed. Not the case...I build my own cars and problems are what occur when inexperienced owners dont know whats going on...as it seems like the situation here...not saying you caused them but they existed obviously.

That was the point of asking for advice and input. Not to bash Bill in any way. I am not a stranger to building a car, motor swaps, etc and I do all my own work as well. This is NOT my first mustang or forced induction mustang at that. This entire motor was torn apart by me and my father (40 year porsche technician) upon purchase and put back together with all new gaskets etc. Yes the chassis is not the greatest , it's got miles! but the motor is all there. And if there is a mechanical problem I'm just having a hard time communicating with pro edge about it. I want to find it believe me! I don't think my work is free of flaw and a stone couldn't have been left unturned. I don't want to tune over an issue but rather find it. However this is not a stock car and therefore his software and diagnostics skills are where the power is. Hence me bringing the car to him. I am not an inexperienced owner or whatever it may have come across as. I don't want to tell proedge how to do their job but merely maintain more communication. Again. Please. This was not a bashing post. Never meant it that way. Just looking for input and reviews and I got them and said thank u for them and stated why I asked. I understand some of you may know proedge better and be close friends and I apologize if my post was taken to heart. (The problem with internet and text is you cannot distinguish tone of voice etc). When you do all your own work, as you said you do, you must understand that it's hard to then place the car in someone else's hands that you do not know. Again again, hence asking for reviews on proedge. Not to bash. But to relieve my nervous and skeptical self as I wrote in my second post.

Users who are viewing this thread