Looking for how to open the vents on '04

DenverJay

Established Member
Hey everyone,

Sorry if this is a repost, the search function was disabled due to high load.

I'm wanting to know how I open the vents in the hood all the way. I started to do it this morning and the flap does open a little bit more but the hood blanket really keeps it from opening very far. I'd like to open them up all the way but I think that would require me cutting a couple of sections out of the blanket to free up the vent flap. I'd rather not do that if there's another way you all know of. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

DJ

'04 Redfire Cobra
No mods yet,
Saving up for Stingers

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Just take off the entire hood blanket. It is held in place by a bunch of platic press in hardware. Just carefully pull them out and remove the grounding wire and the whole hood blanket will come out. I personally cut the little flap off the vents once I had my hood blanket off. If you are not wanting to cut the flaps off, dont be. That whole vent is easy to remove and ford will sell new vents for probably next to nothing. Removing the hood blanket completely had no ill effects on my car or my two buddies cobras!

DenverJay

Established Member
Thanks for the info.

jackers,

Thanks for the info. I'm going to check that out tonight after I get off work. I know what you're talking about as far as the cheap vents and hardware. Hopefully, if I decide to take the blanket off all together the pins will come out easily. I'll have to check it out though. This is my year round daily driver so I'm going to have to do some research on what to be aware of if the engine gets wet etc..

Thanks again,

DJ

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
If you do not want to remove the hood blanket, carefully remove as many of the plastic pins that hold it in as you need to, then fold the flaps back and re-insert the pins.

2004Serpent

Established Member
if you can remove the vent completely by un clipping it you can then open the flap while the vent is removed and tuck the flap in between the blanket and hood, then reinstall. obvioulsy a small opening will appear through the hood blanket for airand should help a little, thats if you feel like you want to keep the hood blanket without butchering it.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
many of us are daily driven with no hood blanket and flaps open with no problems at all.

DenverJay

Established Member
Nice

Thanks everyone,

Great insight here. I'm going to seriously consider just losing the blanket all together. I know I really want some where for the engine heat to be able to go except through the dashboard and into my face. :kaboom: I find it a little sad that the terminator has this great way to dissipate engine compartment heat and then they go and damn near close up the vents with flaps and then stick a thick blanket over it all. :rollseyes Oh well, guess there's a good way to fix this little issue. I'll have to get into it later.

Thanks!

DJ

1FastFord

Established Member
do like I did, the day after I got the car home, took off the blanket and cut off the flaps. You can actually see heat coming out of the vents in traffic.

DenverJay

Established Member
Sweet!

Haha, that sounds awesome, 1FastFord. Would make for a kick ass looking effect I think. Makes me want to do the mod just for that! :rockon:

DJ

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Re: Sweet!

Originally posted by DenverJay
Haha, that sounds awesome, 1FastFord. Would make for a kick ass looking effect I think. Makes me want to do the mod just for that! :rockon: DJ

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread