Looking for help with cars in TX & NC

automoto

Established Member
Guys I found 3 Shelbys online that I really like. There are 2 DIB cars (13' & 14') one is in Spring Texas and the other is in Georgetown Texas.
There is a sterling gray 2013 at Crown Ford in Fayetteville North Carolina as well. Price wise I think the two DIB cars are a little high, but what makes me more nervous is their proximity to Houston and the unknown effects that Hurricane Harvey may or may not have had on them. Was hoping someone from the Texas area could chime in on this or if anyone knew these cars. Deep impact blue is my #1 choice and I'm stubborn enough to hold out to find one, but the grey one is really nice too. What do you guys think? Links to cars below

2014 GT500 Spring, TX: https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...earchRadius=50&makeCode1=FORD&modelCode1=MUST

2013 GT500 Georgetown,TX: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/726602224/overview/

2013 GT500 Fayetteville, NC: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/728223666/overview/

bullitt2735

Established Member
Georgetown is about 30 minutes north of where I live in Austin and Harvey in Austin was nothing more than a thunderstorm that lasted all weekend here.( Felt like mediocre strength Nor'Easter) I wouldn't worry about it if that's where its from.

automoto

Established Member
Thanks guys appreciate the info, and yeah over 50 is high. The car fax for the one from Spring TX is all over the place seemed to change alot of hands, but the Georgetown one is a 1 owner. Can you guys recommend any inspeciton companies to take a look at these cars? Im in NJ, last time I bought a car sight unseen came back to bite me in the ass.

@TK do you know that particular car?

bullitt2735

Established Member
Thanks guys appreciate the info, and yeah over 50 is high. The car fax for the one from Spring TX is all over the place seemed to change alot of hands, but the Georgetown one is a 1 owner. Can you guys recommend any inspeciton companies to take a look at these cars? Im in NJ, last time I bought a car sight unseen came back to bite me in the ass.

I don't know of any inspection companies but I'm sure there is a dealership nearby that the owner would probably let you take the car for a checkup. (there is also a pretty good mustang shop in austin that's done some work for me but I doubt he would let the car go that far for an inspection) Heck buy a flight to Austin and I'll give you a ride up to Georgetown.

Also where from the jersey shore are you? I grew up in monmouth county

Coiled03

Established Member

A Carfax isn't worth the paper it's printed on, or the bandwidth to view it online.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
TK do you know that particular car?

No, I don't think I've ever seen it. If you're about to pull the trigger on it I can go check it out for you. The problem with that is I want one very badly and the fiancé absolutely is forbidding me from getting one. So it will be traumatic for me, but I will do it anyway lol

automoto

Established Member
I don't know of any inspection companies but I'm sure there is a dealership nearby that the owner would probably let you take the car for a checkup. (there is also a pretty good mustang shop in austin that's done some work for me but I doubt he would let the car go that far for an inspection) Heck buy a flight to Austin and I'll give you a ride up to Georgetown.

Also where from the jersey shore are you? I grew up in monmouth county

Thanks for the offer man, i live in Ocean Township Monmouth County also. Spoke to the seller in georgetown, ex-fighter pilot really squared away guy and the car is clean and comes with a mountain of paperwork. I think if i bought it i would have it shipped back in an enclosed trailer. Said he would drop the price to $50k but idk if thats enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread