Looking for Gen 3 Custom Air intake ideas

SLOWBRA

Established Member
I'm stuffing a Gen 3 in a Fox and need to fabricate an air intake setup. Looking for pointers on where to source parts to do this cleanly.

While I'd love to get something out of the box (i.e., JLT, Corsa, Roush), it's hard to spend the $$$ they want without confirmation it will fit in my setup. The OEM Gen 3 setup will not work (though the tube from the TB could work - see attached picture). Thus, looking to make one myself with quality components. Would be great to source the proper tubing for the Gen 3 MAF so that part is flawless.

Any guidance and pictures from those who have done it? I definitely don't want to reinvent the wheel, but I'm a bit rusty on sourcing parts -It's been ages since I made my own (back in the pre-JLT days).

Attachments

• IMG_3344.JPG
    IMG_3344.JPG
    849.6 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I have had good luck in the past sourcing parts for intakes from diesel truck supply stores. You can get nice rubber or silicone connectors, clamps, aluminum piping, etc. Take a look there. I used these suppliers because the handle the big stuff.

N/Angel

Crazy Swiss Chick!
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a Gen2 engine with Gen3 intake in my New Edge. Not the same as the Foxbody but similar. I used an AFE intake tube and a stock Gen3 airbox. The underside of the airbox was cut until it fit and then partially reclosed. Sucks in air from the open lower part towards the front. Works great and has not lost power in comparison to the Gen3 JLT I had before. Looks cleaner too. It all depends on how you arrange things in the engine bay to make it fit. Hope this helps
10D3F60A-D6C1-4C47-917F-53BAB50B3DC2_1_105_c.jpeg

SLOWBRA

Established Member
It all depends on how you arrange things in the engine bay to make it fit. Hope this helpsView attachment 1793104

The orientation of the airbox from the Gen 3 is at the wrong angle to work for my setup. If the inlet tube molded into the box was at a 90deg angle it likely would have worked with some trimming of the bottom. Bummer that it is not setup that way! However, I’ll look at that AFE.

IMG_3344.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

robvas

Established Member
Power by the hour makes a kit

SLOWBRA

Established Member
Power by the hour makes a kit

I've seen that kit. PBH has been awesome to work with so far on my build. It's tough to spend $500 on those materials though, but it may be the best option.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread