[Looking For] Fuel Level Sending Unit from 2007 - 09' GT500

LegendaryFire

Hello Everyone,

I'm currently finishing up a build on my 2007 Mustang GT, and was able to get my hands on a Ford Performance Twin Pump Kit with 2000 miles on it although it didn't come with a fuel level sender as I'm assuming the previous owner used it in their new triple pump fuel hat. I've checked nearly everywhere and am looking for a new or used fuel level sending unit if anyone knows where I could find one, or has a spare sitting around I will more than like to purchase it. Part Number: 7R3Z-9A299-A

Thank you kindly.

LegendaryFire

Yeah thanks, been checking absolutely everywhere and no luck. The car is pretty much dyno ready and now this is what's holding up the build! I'm awfully surprised that Delphi doesn't even make an OE Spec version of the unit.

LegendaryFire

You can't scavenge these parts from your OEM fuel pump?

Unfortunately not, the stock fuel hat only fits one pump, while the GT500's use the twin pump fuel hat. The sending unit doesn't match up or even sit at the right orientation to be modified.

LegendaryFire

Lmatk, tried this website and many others. When I'd call to get a check on their inventory every place informed me the part was discontinued and they couldn't get them from their suppliers anymore.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Noticed this on the link.

Included With Fuel Pump Assembly.

Have you tried ebay and the market section?

LegendaryFire

Have you tried ebay and the market section?

Yeah I'm feeling that's probably why it's tough to get to begin with, the fact it's included with the purchase of the pump. I'm looking at a GT500 pump pulled from a 08' Shelby right now going on eBay for 269.99USD (~$360CDN + Sales, Border Tax and Shipping).

I just got off the phone with Gaudin Ford after I seen that eBay link you suggested. Turns out they are also out of stock of the item, I'm surprised they even have an advertisement considering they don't even have the product. Thanks for all your help so far it's very much appreciated!

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Try searching ebay by the Ford part no. There were two other listings. You never know.

Imatk

Established Member
Damn, I didn't realize they stopped manufacturing parts for our cars already!!

I wonder what any of us would have to do to get something like this fixed if we needed to... sorry man that sucks.

fullboogie

Established Member
Hey, also call some shops around the country. Lethal, VMP, Revan, Brenspeed, Fastlane, etc. Sometimes they do new fuel systems on cars and stockpile the old parts. Van at Revan got me a complete hat/pumps setup 3 years ago for cheap. Maybe you can score a deal too somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread