Looking for fuel advice

impactblue

Established Member
My current build is an iron 5.4. 30 over.

15% lower. Intake. Throttle body. Headers. Jdm super stock cam and ported heads

Is it possible to have a safe tune on 93 octane. I'm not worried about horsepower. I just want it to run reliably

It is also a 2013 model. It has the newer heads and a TVS

I like to hop in my car and go on drives. E85 or race fuel is not only expensive but would be really hard to do

Last edited:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
My current build is an iron 5.4. 30 over.

15% lower. Intake. Throttle body. Headers. Jdm super stock cam and ported heads

Is it possible to have a safe tune on 93 octane. I'm not worried about horsepower. I just want it to run reliably

It is also a 2013 model. It has the newer heads and a TVS

I like to hop in my car and go on drives. E85 or race fuel is not only expensive but would be really hard to do

Impactblue,
Sorry for the late response. The person that typically replies to these is currently on vacation.

Regarding the fuel you can definitely run 93 and safely support around the 700-730rwhp range. We've made 800rwhp on 93 on our 2010 GT500 and that had similar mods to yours with a 4.0L Whipple and build bottom end. However since your really just looking to stay safe and reliable try and keep the power level lower than that and you'll be good to go.

Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks, Jared

impactblue

Established Member
Impactblue,
Sorry for the late response. The person that typically replies to these is currently on vacation.

Regarding the fuel you can definitely run 93 and safely support around the 700-730rwhp range. We've made 800rwhp on 93 on our 2010 GT500 and that had similar mods to yours with a 4.0L Whipple and build bottom end. However since your really just looking to stay safe and reliable try and keep the power level lower than that and you'll be good to go.

Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll be glad to assist you.

Thanks, Jared

My car did make 727 before the cam and head job

Users who are viewing this thread