Looking for exhaust set up suggetion.

wbh070

Established Member
I have 2003 cobra and looking to upgrade exhaust set up. All suggestion are welcome. I was look at going with Kooks Headers/Off-Road X-pipe and Bassani Catback. Anyone have this setup? Thanks In Advance

FWT0310th

Established Member
I am sure that would be a good setup but the best, richest sound, in my opinion comes from Magnaflow and Borla. I have Mac Long tube headers, High flow cats, H-pipe, Magnaflow catback. I have heard from alot of people telling me it's the best sound they ever heard. Nice tight rumble and not too loud until you get on it. Then it's fearsome.

SVT0369

#1798 of 1896
Established Member
I have stock headers, a Maggie catted X and a Maggie cat back with welded in Magnapacks. Best setup I've heard so far :beer:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
i have a set of bassani headers and x-pipe for sale...pm me if you're interested

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
I have the exact setup your interested in.. kooks lt's, bassani o/r x and bassani catback.. sounds freaking mean at WOT! I get alot of compliments.. however, for my taste, it is too raspy at mid throttle, and there is some drone in the 1800-2000rpm range.

im thinking about switching to a h pipe and either hooker aerochambers or mac flowpath mufflers.

Fran

Established Member
Check out these videos. These are some of the best sounding Cobras IMO if you want to go with headers. I like the catted sound better, less raspy. Many people swear by the O/R versions though

th_CorsaRedMufflersMacLTsandMacCattedP.jpg

th_Super44sMaccattedprochamberMacLTsGi.jpg

th_41eed613.gif

Flowmaster part of this video.
th_FlowmasterandBassanicomparison.gif

If you dont want headers this is the best sound IMO. Loud though

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JrJkWwQDIhI

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread