Looking for Cobra, Feeler for possible trade.

WOT 88

Established Member
*** Vids added in second post***

So I've been lurking, and have been considering possibly trading off a toy to get into another cobra. I am looking to either get into a decent 96- 98 cobra, or would even take on a project such as a blown termi or something.

Before you think ''this jackass wants to trade a jetski for a cobra'' ?, let me explain. For anybody that is not familiar with these, this ski was around 13.5 k new, is a 4 stroke, and has 255 hp out of the crate. This ski has mild mods in regards to what is available, and runs a pretty consistent 76 mph on a gps. It is a 2010 model and has right under 110 hours on the clock.

These skis come factory supercharged, and this particular ''X model'' comes from the factory with an sc that is capable of 11 lbs of boost @ 8100-8200 rpm. There is a pretty decent aftermarket available for these things, ecu's, fuel systems ect, ect. Vortech even makes and private labels quite a few of the aftermarket chargers that are available.

This ski has a few mods, it has a polished external intercooler, Riva rear air, Solas 15/22 R SS impeller, gutted waterbox, rear exhaust with billet tip and has a Riva catch can. Also has a pair of renthal bars.

Ski is in great shape, ridden mostly in fresh water river but always flushed and washed after salt use. Always garage kept. It is a blast to ride, runs excellent. I have always been into these things and never imagined I'd get rid of it. I have a 6 month old boy at home and it is really hard to get out from sun up till sun down like I used too. My son was very colicky/difficult so it's hard to just up and leave my wife stuck at home with fuss man while I'm out on adventures. Just looking for a toy I can tinker around with at the house and cruise a bit when I need to gather my sanity.

The ski realistically has a private resale value of about 8.5- 9 K. I may very eventually sell it outright and find the car I want. Just wanted to see if there is any possibilities here. Let me know what you have.

Here is some specs for the model, also below are some actual pictures.

2010 Sea-Doo RXP® - X™ 255 Watercraft

FizzleKit.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

Last edited:

WOT 88

Established Member
Here is a few vids. First one is just a fire up in my garage. Second one is a morning ride on a local river. Video quality isn't that great, it was taken with my phone as I steered with one hand. Towards the end the wind douches the mic.

Note: On the first vid, the beeping sound is the exhaust temp warning. These skis have a closed loop cooling system that utilize the lower ride plate as a heat exchanger. However , the exhaust cooling circuit is open. It can run for a few seconds off the hose, but sometimes throws the buzzer. It doesn't hurt anything to rev it a few times.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU7Q9RFyzdA&list=HL1326042200&feature=mh_lolz"]RXP X Video.MOV - YouTube[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAp7wA_-opw"]Saint Lucie river ride - YouTube[/nomedia]

Don't let distance be a factor, I'm not afraid to travel!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread