Looking for axleback exhaust

Silver5Zero

Established Member
I am looking for a new axleback for my 2014 mustang 5.0 I currently have mac axlebacks just too deep for my liking. If anyone is interested in those then you can offer or trade. Thank you!

pheonix3330

Established Member
I have some Borla s types for sale, looking for $450 + shipping. If you are interested in going quad tip, I also have a set of OEM gt500 mufflers off a 2014 and looking for $325 + shipping. Let me know.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Buy those S-types or regret it forever. I have them on my car (2014 GT) and love them. Otherwise stock exhaust. This morning I took my daughter out to breakfast after my '14's airbag recall was done and a random woman at the restaurant walked across the lot to tell me she loved my car and that it sounded AMAZING.

I paid $450 shipped for my S-types. They were in perfect condition.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
Zero drone on S-types. And I do not think they are loud at all - at least with stock exhaust up to the axle backs. Inside the car they sound great - if you aren't mashing the gas you hardly know they are there. Jump on YouTube and you'll find a bunch of good vids. The Borla vid comparing the Touring, S-type, and the Atak setup is very good too. Seriously - I think they are the best sounding mufflers out there.

JZNYCRealEstate

Established Member
Second for the S type, but I like the Ataks more. I have the Roush Axle backs, and they sound like goddamned sex. It was a hard choice between Borla and Roush, but I'm glad i ultimately went with the Roush set up. Same scenario, zero drone. For $450 bucks though, go get those S types, grab a beer, and spend an hour next weekend popping them on. You won't regret it.

deletednow2017

Established Member
Hey buddy- I love my Borla S-types. They have very minimal drone and still rumble when I get on it. I cannot get my pricing down to the used market on these new parts, but if you need anymore advice or any quotes let me know.

By the way, Corsa sports are awesome as well. I love quad-tipped Corsa sports. If I wasn't going fender exit, I would swap to that.

JZNYCRealEstate

Established Member
I'd keep the Roush axleback in consideration too. Just a thought. It sounds nearly stock at idle, and there's ZERO drone at all on the highway, but over 2,500 RPMs the car sounds like an absolute monster. A lot of people are usually surprised when I tell them the only exhaust work is an axle back. It sounds like the note of a much more complicated and modified system.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread