Looking for advice on cold air intake.

Jens03GT

Established Member
I would like to get your opinions on who makes the best cold air intake. I saw STEEDA's and I was not sure if that was the best to have. If you guys could help me out I would really appreciate it.
:D :D :D

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
W/out having a Mustang (or a Ford) I've heard nothing but good things about STEEDA. I saw a magazine ad for some kinda high flow system they made for the GT. It ran about $250.

The only other one I've heard of is made by MAC, but that was on a 5.0. I'll do a search on-line and post anything I see. It won't be first hand info, but hopefully it'll help. Good luck.

Last edited:

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Anything from Steeda is bad ace. They have some extremely high quality parts. Everything I bought from them fit my car perfectly.

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
I have the Steeda on my car and I love it, but for a GT I would go with an in-feder kit like the one that MAC or BBK makes. On my 1995 GT I went from a K&N engine bay filter kit and then I switched to the BBK in-fender CAI. After the switch I get better fuel mileage, about 30 miles per tank, and the car felt better. For blown cars like the 03 Cobra I would definately recommend the Steeda kit. My 3 cents.

Last edited:

StangD281

Established Member
I installed the Steeda CAI on my friend's 02 GT; install was clean & easy (with the exception of the lack of rubber hose to connect the vac lines). It noticeably helps the car breath easier, and removing the headlight lines up the filter with the air path which equates to MPH in the 1/4!!

blackfang

Established Member
Stay away from the MAC and BBK ones. They have a nice sharp bend which slows the air velocity down a bit, and then on top of that the shiny metal they use is heating up the cool air.

Densecharger, or a plain ole K&N, or UPR are a better kit. The are straight, do not use metal that conducts heat which will help you out.

Users who are viewing this thread