Looking for Advice on 15in Rear Weld RT-S Wheels

blackedout06

Established Member
Hey guys, I have been trying to figure out the best configuration for when I purchase some 15in Weld RT-S rear wheels for my 04 Cobra which has the stock IRS. I looked through a number of threads and realize I may need to do some grinding on the IRS, but would like to see pictures along with wheel specs before I make a decision. On some of the threads people were saying they didn't need to do anything and others were saying they had to grind calipers and the IRS, so it was starting to get confusing lol. I currently am running H&R race springs and want to run a 26in tall tire in the back as well. If your running 15in Weld RT-S wheels on a stock IRS can you please post up a picture of your car with them and the specs for the wheels as well? I am just trying to figure out the proper backspacing and such to avoid as much grinding as possible, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Nick

blackedout06

Established Member

Adamn

Established Member
You could always go with 16" wheels and not make any modifications

spray'n mach 1

Established Member
from what I have read you can go with a 15X9 by replacing the irs tie rod ends or the whole unit itself. after test fitting a 15x10 wheel myself that looks plasible. with a 15X10 you have to replace the irs tie rod and the banjo bolt and brake lines. you will also have to grind alittle on the lower irs "A arm" where the irs tie rods bolt goes into. I will be doing this in the spring. I already have some 15x10 and we test fitted them last weekend to see what needs to be done. good luck

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread