Looking for a spring install how to do...

VinSVT

Established Member
As title states... going to be installing them this weekend. I've installed springs on cars before... just never an IRS car.

Anyone help me out here?

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
I just finished with the rears this last weekend, I plan on doing the fronts this next week. But the rears were very easy. Just jack the car up and put it on jackstands. Take off the wheels. Take off the catback-(most time consuming part). Jack up the rear A-arm, and removed the shock bolt, then the same on the other side-should drop about 2 inches or so. Then take your jack and place it under the IRS cradle(big black tube) and jack it up so there is some pressure on it. Now remove the two IRS bolts(The ones you can see when you take off the wheels) Now go back to your jack and lower it until the springs fall out, its extremely easy. Now just go backwards and your all done :beer:

cpu77

Armed and Dangerous!
Established Member
ChadS98GT

I did not have to. All you have to do is take the 2 blots on each side holding the tailpipe hanger on and it comes down far enough to clear.

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
cpu77 said:
ChadS98GT

I did not have to. All you have to do is take the 2 blots on each side holding the tailpipe hanger on and it comes down far enough to clear.
Thats true, I should of said. Mine seemed a bit low so I took it all the way off to reposition it.

Users who are viewing this thread