Looking For A Reasonably Priced Detail Kit

Steve1578

Established Member
I'm sure there's numerous threads on this but I couldn't find any.
I'm looking for a decent detail kit(including a polisher). I know there are a few of them out from different makers, just wondering if you guys have any experience with any, and who you would recommend most. I hear a lot of things about chemical guys, seems like they're the most recommended.

Last edited:

jdcobra

Established Member
I'm sure there's numerous threads on this but I couldn't find any.
I'm looking for a decent detail kit. I know there are a few of them out from different makers, just wondering if you guys have any experience with any, and who you would recommend most. I hear a lot of things about chemical guys, seems like they're the most recommended.

Detailing kits as in compounds, polishes, waxes, sealants, and polishers? Or just cleaning products in general?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve1578

Established Member
Detailing kits as in compounds, polishes, waxes, sealants, and polishers? Or just cleaning products in general?

Sorry I should've clarified - I'm looking for ones that include a polisher. It's not a necessity as I could always buy one separate, but would be convenient to find a kit with it all included.

jdcobra

Established Member
Sorry I should've clarified - I'm looking for ones that include a polisher. It's not a necessity as I could always buy one separate, but would be convenient to find a kit with it all included.

It's all good man. How bad is the paint? Light to moderate swirls or moderate to heavy? The new rupes mark 2 polishers are amazingly smooth, so is the new flex fxe 15.

jdcobra

Established Member
I was gonna recommend the 7424xp but it depends on how bad the paint is. Always better to have a more powerful DA and not need it than need it and not have it.

Steve1578

Established Member
It's all good man. How bad is the paint? Light to moderate swirls or moderate to heavy? The new rupes mark 2 polishers are amazingly smooth, so is the new flex fxe 15.

I'd say moderate to heavy, it's pretty bad. I've had the car for a year and haven't done a full detail on it and I'm pretty sure the last owner stored it under a tree. Needs lots of love.

I've seen that a lot of people recommend the PC 7424.

jdcobra

Established Member
I'd say moderate to heavy, it's pretty bad. I've had the car for a year and haven't done a full detail on it and I'm pretty sure the last owner stored it under a tree. Needs lots of love.

I've seen that a lot of people recommend the PC 7424.

I'd recommend a flex, rupes, or the new GG boss

hoamskilet

Established Member
if you don't wanna drop big bucks on a Rupes or Flex, the PC is a good one to start with. Mine has been relegated to backup role, but it's been used and abused for the better part of a decade

Steve1578

Established Member
if you don't wanna drop big bucks on a Rupes or Flex, the PC is a good one to start with. Mine has been relegated to backup role, but it's been used and abused for the better part of a decade

I'll be using it primarily for myself and maybe a few friends & family to make a few extra bucks here and there. I've done some detailing in the past and got good results with the normal auto part products, but I'd like to take up a notch so I can get better results. Seeming like the PC might be the best route of my use.

Steve1578

Established Member
Wow, lots of quick replies, thanks guys! I'll be looking into all the kits linked & doing research on each to pick what I think best fits my needs.

Stang Lover

Established Member
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread