Looking for a rear seat delete...

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Hey guys, looking for some options for a rear seat delete for my '03 cobra coupe. Just got an insane quote for one from MMR so unless its surrounded by diamonds i'm not paying that kind of money.

If anyone has one laying around for sale let me know.

Otherwise, what are some of my options now. Back in the day I had the YMR RSD, not sure if they still sell them?? Want to say I paid $75 for it which is reasonable.

I could prob make one myself but i'm not trying to spend too much time on this, have too much other stuff to do.

Thanks,
Ken

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
KT, you can have the original from my Cobra if you like. In great shape.

DG, have I told you lately that you are the MAN! lol Dinner is on me next time I'm in Nashville!:beer:

You could just move your battery to the trunk, or install a lightweight battery to offset the difference.

Yup, plently of ways to offset the difference. The rear seat I have is not in the greatest shape and IMO, think a simple RSD would give the interior a cleaner look for my setup.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Doug,

Agreed! But, that isn't enough. When my car first doned the scales it was 61/39 .... BAD!!! Even with everything back in the rear of the car minus the spare tires it was still 58/42, still not even close to what it should be. And this is with 100+ pounds of weight reduction in the front end already! Now if you are like Ken here and going to put out enough power that the motor doesn't care where the weight is then by all means go for it!!!

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
Doug,

Agreed! But, that isn't enough. When my car first doned the scales it was 61/39 .... BAD!!! Even with everything back in the rear of the car minus the spare tires it was still 58/42, still not even close to what it should be. And this is with 100+ pounds of weight reduction in the front end already! Now if you are like Ken here and going to put out enough power that the motor doesn't care where the weight is then by all means go for it!!!

iron blocks FTL!

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Greg,

Def still around. My buddy parted a lincoln with a teksid block just last fall. They are getting more rare but not that bad.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I see a couple of adds on craigslist here and there for 96-98 long block short blocks, I am sure you could get just the blocks for 250 or so if you were willing to do all the work to disassemble the long block

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Ken it looks like Dwight has you covered but if for some reason you still need one let me know, I'm not getting any use out of the one I've got.

Thanks bro, yeah DG got me the hook up but my buddy Russ that is selling his stock seats is also looking for a RSD.

Users who are viewing this thread