Looking For a Pup

Raindog

Established Member
It's a big quiet, lonely house here without Kilo.

Been looking without success for another pup for the past few days, I knew mini bull terriers were rare but perhaps I underestimated the scope. So far I've struck out in the Americas, Australia, Eastern Europe, Germany and the UK.

I know it's a longshot but if anyone here knows of a breeder that I haven't already tried, please give me a shout.

Thanks,
Mike

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Wow...and nothing??

I'm surprised. Almost all breeders have Spring litters. Do any of them have any litters planned?

Raindog

Established Member
Some have litters planned but most are already placed or spoken for. I was looking for a pup in the short term, perhaps that's not to be.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
What I've found is that a lot of these breeders run in the same circle, so speaking with one can usually get you pup from someone. That's what happened with my dog. When dealing with quality breeders, you're on their clock. Hell, most of them don't even let you pick your pup, they tell you which one you're going to get. lol.

Out of my own curiosity, what do they charge for MBTs?

Raindog

Established Member
What I've found is that a lot of these breeders run in the same circle, so speaking with one can usually get you pup from someone. That's what happened with my dog. When dealing with quality breeders, you're on their clock. Hell, most of them don't even let you pick your pup, they tell you which one you're going to get. lol.

Out of my own curiosity, what do they charge for MBTs?

Was the same way with Kilo many years ago, the criteria for obtaining a pup is much more strict now though. 2.5-4K is going rate for a pup from a reputable breeder now.

The breeder that I got Kilo from wrote the only book that I know of on miniature bull terriers and is well known in the circle. We have kept in touch and she is helping.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I have a full size but not a mini. GL finding one, their deff a great breed.
Mine's about 10 months and weighs 35 pounds. When you try to push her around she feels like she weighs 80.

Last edited:

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Adopt a dog. There's an assload of dogs that need to be adopted. I've had several adopted dogs that turn out to be the best dogs ever with a little training. Adopt a dog and save a life. You don't need to support a puppy mill.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
Adopt a dog. There's an assload of dogs that need to be adopted. I've had several adopted dogs that turn out to be the best dogs ever with a little training. Adopt a dog and save a life. You don't need to support a puppy mill.
The fact that these are $2,500 - $4,000 dogs of pedigree which have virtually 0 availability proves that these are not puppy mill dogs.

Midnight Venom

Reloaded's Girl
Established Member

+1 on adopting! Its rare but purebreds do come in. If you ask, some shelters will call you when they get a certain breed in.

Breeders (that will meet you in person) don't support or have anything to do with puppy mills. Most puppy mill puppies mostly come from pet stores.
Although there are quite a few breeders who dont know wtf they're doing and have inbreds who eventually have health problems if thats what you mean. Regardless I think adopting is better but thats just me.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
The fact that these are $2,500 - $4,000 dogs of pedigree which have virtually 0 availability proves that these are not puppy mill dogs.

Anyone can charge $2500-$4000 for a puppy :shrug: I would never pay that much but maybe they charge more because they're smaller dogs and produce smaller litters :shrug: I know that a quality Doberman from a breeder that either works or shows their dogs is usually less than $2k and that mostly covers the health testing associated with the sire and dam. And QUALITY breeders probably only break even. You can look in the classified section of any paper and see BYB selling dogs for $3k...:rolleyes: what a crock.

f8tlbite

fordplay equals fordgasms
Established Member
I will sell you my wife. She is housebroke, but she whines a lot! She doesnt tear up the furniture. She does require a lot of attention. On sunny days I normally let her outside to play (she likes that). Other than the whining, the only other problem she has is SHE DOES NOT COME WHEN YOU CALL HER! PM me if interested.

P.S. Paypal prefered

Users who are viewing this thread