looking for a nice, built foxbody

cobradrivr

Heaton Slowbra *****
Established Member
Freds car in apponaug, At richards shop (R&C) for sale. Nice notch, I wouldnt mind havin it myself, You better beat me to it! lol

cobradrivr

Heaton Slowbra *****
Established Member
i want fred's car, bad! what's he asking for it?

and hell no, i would never spend 17k on a stock foxbody.

I havnt stopped to see what he wants for it. It's a strong runnin car last i knew, Built to drive, He drove that thing everywhere, Was not a garage/track queen. lol

Green92LX

LOLZZZ
Established Member
yea, definitely. i was told it was deep 12 second car and it definitely seems like a very nice drivable car. i've met Fred a bunch of times and like you said, he drove that coupe everywhere. if it's close to you, would you mind getting me some sort of contact info or a price if possible?

cobradrivr

Heaton Slowbra *****
Established Member
yea, definitely. i was told it was deep 12 second car and it definitely seems like a very nice drivable car. i've met Fred a bunch of times and like you said, he drove that coupe everywhere. if it's close to you, would you mind getting me some sort of contact info or a price if possible?

Yea man, Gotta run some errands later and will be drivin by it, I'll get ya his # and a few pics.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
no one has a nice fox for sale? looking to spend around 7k on a car.

They are everywhere on the classified of the big mustang sites. They just sit on there too because the owners are high and think those cars are still worth big money. Broaden your search and you will find one that you may have to travel for. For 7 grand you can easily find a h/c/i blower fox with suspension work.

Green92LX

LOLZZZ
Established Member
yea, trying, but like you said, everyone's retarded. just tried to buy a h/c/i blower fox that needed some work and the guy won't budge off 10.5k. for some reason everyone thinks their run of the mill foxbody is worth it's weight in gold, when this time last year, i could have bought a fully built h/c/i, blower, and full suspension car for 7500 bucks.

perfect example, the moron who owns my last fox refuses to sell it back to me for less then 10k. it's a h/c/i foxbody!!!! he tore out the custom hand built gauge cluster my father made, it doesn't have the nice fr500's anymore (has shitty, beat stock bullet wheels) and now it's covered in gay**** racing stripes. that's at best a 5k dollar car and i even ofered to give him 7k for it and he told me to **** off.

Green92LX

LOLZZZ
Established Member
on that note, if there are any other sites with good classifieds sections, let me know! i've been searching this site, the corral, and craigslist like mad and nothing's catching my eye. only decent cars i'm seeing are priced over 10k...

TFStang

Established Member
They are everywhere on the classified of the big mustang sites. They just sit on there too because the owners are high and think those cars are still worth big money. Broaden your search and you will find one that you may have to travel for. For 7 grand you can easily find a h/c/i blower fox with suspension work.

$7K would be a steal for a nice fox body that already has h/c/i & a blower considering just the h/c/i & blower would run you between $4K and $4500, not to mention you would have to get them installed and that either takes time or more money to do. The h/c/i blower cars that I have been seeing that are nice are all over $10K. Most of the nicer cars that I have seen lately with h/c/i, blower, suspension work and nice brakes are in the mid teens.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
$7K would be a steal for a nice fox body that already has h/c/i & a blower considering just the h/c/i & blower would run you between $4K and $4500, not to mention you would have to get them installed and that either takes time or more money to do. The h/c/i blower cars that I have been seeing that are nice are all over $10K. Most of the nicer cars that I have seen lately with h/c/i, blower, suspension work and nice brakes are in the mid teens.

They aren't selling for 10K or more. No one is dumb enough to pay that much for one anymore. A few months ago people weren't as high as they are now. I guess prices are jumping up again and the cars still won't sell.

TFStang

Established Member
They aren't selling for 10K or more. No one is dumb enough to pay that much for one anymore. A few months ago people weren't as high as they are now. I guess prices are jumping up again and the cars still won't sell.

I guess it all depends on the car. If its a car with a stock short block, Cobra Intake, GT40 heads, B cam and Vortech A Trim, then you might be able to get it for around $7K, but a nice car that has an R or Dart Block, TFS, AFR or Edelbrock heads, Holley intake, Andersen cam, S-Trim or Novi 2000, Cobra or Baer brakes, suspension mods & nice wheels will definately be over $10K. If there are any out there for $7K with the above referenced mods, I'll take two.

Users who are viewing this thread