Looking for a new tablet.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Looking to possibly upgrade my current tablet. I think it's a google nexus 10, which looking it up looks like it came out in 2012......it's gotten so laggy it's become just irritating to use. I've wiped it a couple times and works snappy at first, but pretty much after getting all the apps I want installed, it starts to slow down again. We also have a laptop that is older, and while it's plenty usable still, it can take awhile to start up and be a bit slow at times.

I have a desktop that I use for the more intensive PC activities, but I'm looking for a portable device that is easy to carry around, but powerful enough that I can do some light multitasking.....I think I've narrowed it down to the Samsung tab s6 or Ipad Air.

Now......I loathe Apple. Our house is almost exclusively Android outside of a couple of ipod touches which I hate, but they work for what we need them for. Only reason I'm even throwing the Ipad in the mix is it seems like all the pro reviews have the Ipads still leaps and bounds above any of the android tablets. I would much prefer to stick with Android, but my only concern is I don't wanna drop that kind of coin on a higher end tablet only to have it be slow and buggy in a couple of years.

Curious to see if anybody has any experince directly comparing either and thoughts. Things we'd mostly be using it for would be:

All the google apps
Spotify
Smugmug
Netflix
Kodi
Possibly some light photo editing
Social media
Wife wants her beachbody app on there (which I couldn't even put on my current tablet since it's so outdate, which is what's got me even looing into this)
Download movies when we're away from wifi
Internet browsing, etc....

Blown 89

Established Member
Android tablets are garbage. Get an iPad.

Don't get me wrong, I loathe Apple too but their iPads are in a different league comparatively speaking.

Last I checked Kodi isn't available on the app store but I'm not sure why you're using Kodi on a tablet in the first place. If you're streaming things just switch over to Emby or Plex.

CobraG

Established Member
I say iPad, but I have them and really like them. I'm the opposite, I had an Android tablet first and couldn't stand it, switched to iPad and never looked back.

Machdup1

Established Member
iPad for straight tablet

Surface Pro if you need something more flexible.

I have had bad luck with the Android tablets.

nxhappy

Established Member
what ??!!?? you are smoking crack !
Android tablets are garbage. Get an iPad.

Don't get me wrong, I loathe Apple too but their iPads are in a different league comparatively speaking.

Last I checked Kodi isn't available on the app store but I'm not sure why you're using Kodi on a tablet in the first place. If you're streaming things just switch over to Emby or Plex.

nxhappy

Established Member
ive been using Fires for YEARS. They are amazing and cost nothing. Glad you guys like wasting money.

Users who are viewing this thread