Looking for a new lightweight big/little setup.

corysmach1

Established Member
I run the Darkstars now 17/15. I really like them but want something lighter. I need to drop as much rotational mass as possible. I am thinking Alumastars up front with Weld RTS in the back. Are both of these direct drill like the Darkstars? I just wanna bolt them on and go.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I run the Darkstars now 17/15. I really like them but want something lighter. I need to drop as much rotational mass as possible. I am thinking Alumastars up front with Weld RTS in the back. Are both of these direct drill like the Darkstars? I just wanna bolt them on and go.

The weld rts is a direct bolt on out back but I cant speak for the alumastars. If looking for a max effort setup why not drop down to 15's up front with smaller brakes? Or keep the 17's up front and run Aerospace Pro Street brakes...that's what im about to do.

corysmach1

Established Member
The weld rts is a direct bolt on out back but I cant speak for the alumastars. If looking for a max effort setup why not drop down to 15's up front with smaller brakes? Or keep the 17's up front and run Aerospace Pro Street brakes...that's what im about to do.

I am doing Aerospace Brakes. 17s look better up front. Between the Alumastars and a bias ply front combined with Aerospace brakes will drop around -65lbs. Also 17s vs 15s up front equals to be the same because the tire for the 15 is heavier.

Users who are viewing this thread