Looking for a Good shop in Montgomery county/Philadelphia - PA area to do a gear swap

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Long story short.
I have had 3.73 gears done on my 2008 GT500 3 times by a local reputable shop, and all 3 times, the car came back with noticeable gear whine. This is not my first gear swap on a Mustang by any means, and I know to expect a little noise, but this is not acceptable.

If any of you had had sucess with a shop in the Philadelphia area installing Gears into a GT500, please let me know. I live in Huntingdonvalley..

Please limit the reposnses, to actual positive experiences with local Gear swaps on GT500's.. Dont forget to include contact info for the shop..

Thanks alot! :beer:

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Still looking for a shop besides Evo.
(Evo is a great shop! but I am looking for other options for the gear swap re-do)

bschott

Established Member
Live in Pottstown myself, so not terribly far from you, though I've had refrence a mustang tunner in town "Performance Specialties" more here:

Performance Specialties Home Page

I personally do not know them, but I have interest in speaking with them. An acquaintance who runs a Roush 427R has spoken with the shop's proprietor and seems to think that they are worth the time.

A bit ago I was seeking a dyno and ended up at a Corvette/Camaro/GTO tuner in West Chester. I simply use his dyno as the runs are 65 bucks for three pulls. Not sure what Performance Specialties charges, but I'd like someone local that I can fall back on for mods, etc of my 2012 GT500

Hope that helps..

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Live in Pottstown myself, so not terribly far from you, though I've had refrence a mustang tunner in town "Performance Specialties" more here:

Performance Specialties Home Page

I personally do not know them, but I have interest in speaking with them. An acquaintance who runs a Roush 427R has spoken with the shop's proprietor and seems to think that they are worth the time.

A bit ago I was seeking a dyno and ended up at a Corvette/Camaro/GTO tuner in West Chester. I simply use his dyno as the runs are 65 bucks for three pulls. Not sure what Performance Specialties charges, but I'd like someone local that I can fall back on for mods, etc of my 2012 GT500

Hope that helps..

Performance specialties in Pottstown? Great shop and great dyno.
I go way back with that shop, and the owner.
They are good at Gear swaps. They did a few swaps for me, back in the 90's for my 87 GT and my 94 GT.
However, I wasnt sure how much expereince they have had with the GT500's in particular, and since there seem to be so many peculiar aspects of the GT500 installs, I was trying to find someonbe who has had successful instals on actual GT500's.

bull3441

Established Member
They are good at Gear swaps. They did a few swaps for me, back in the 90's for my 87 GT and my 94 GT.
However, I wasnt sure how much expereince they have had with the GT500's in particular, and since there seem to be so many peculiar aspects of the GT500 installs, I was trying to find someonbe who has had successful instals on actual GT500's.
It's an 8.8 SRA nothing special for the GT500 as per gear swap. Have a Ford dealer do it. If it whines then they have to swap it under warranty.

bschott

Established Member

Thanks for the feedback, I'm relatively new to performance cars, and Mustangs in particular. Anyhow wish I could help more. But thanks for the lowdown on that vendor.

Regards, Brian.

Van@RevanRacing

Still looking for a shop besides Evo.
(Evo is a great shop! but I am looking for other options for the gear swap re-do)

Chuck at Evo has done more of these than most people I know. Give Fred a call and speak to him or ask for Chuck and talk to him about it. Sure, Evo and Revan are competitors in the market place but if I was local to Evo and needed gears installed I wouldn't hesitate to have them install my gears.

:beer:

Van

Users who are viewing this thread