Looking for a differential seal how-to

JSHTROD

Established Member
Yep, found out today my differential is leaking.

With 85k on the clock, no way it's covered under warranty. And, there's no TSB on it.

I crawled under it, and it does appear to be the differential. Leaking from the bottom of the pumpkin.

For those who have done the remove/replace themselves, is there a how-to?

Jason

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
JSHTROD said:
That's an option. Thanks!

I'd still like to see a how-to for the full reseal job.

Jason

Click the RED PILL, Its about halfway down. You can do it by dropping IRS or by just pulling the diff. Both methods are explained step-by-step.

JSHTROD

Established Member
postban said:
Click the RED PILL, Its about halfway down. You can do it by dropping IRS or by just pulling the diff. Both methods are explained step-by-step.

Thanks Post-Ban!

:rockon:

JSHTROD

Established Member
Romans8:28 said:
Not a "reseal" but this saved me a big hassle........ try it what ya got to lose (save $20 bucks for the sealant ;))

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365314

Okay, so I tried this yesterday night. Got the ultra seal from Honda. Used a brass brush with soap and water to get it all clean. Topped off pumpkin with fresh oil... (TOOK A WHOLE QUART!!!). Then used the ultra seal as you instructed (man that stuff is messy).

We'll see if it continues to leak.

:poke:

Romans8:28

Established Member
I look forward to hearing out it turns out for you. It would be great for the terminator community to have a tested/proven alternative to a full blown reseal. Mine is still completly leak free, but in fairness mine was a rather small leak to begin with.

Keep us posted, and good luck with it

Users who are viewing this thread