Looking for a data log.....

akwhtbst

Established Member
Hey guys,

I started tuning my own car recently and I installed the baby cobra jet intake cams. 11mm lift and 290 degree duration, part number M-6550-M50GTE.

I've seen guys run these with great results and have got the car to run pretty good so far on them. I want to compare my cam timing to someone else to see if I'm on the right track.

Thanks for any help. If you can provide a data log or cam timing that you are running shoot me a pm and I'll give you my email address.

Thanks

Tim

JTS_7

Established Member
Not going to happen buddy. Top secret stuff in the Coyote world.

Going to want to sweep the cams until you find where your car is happy, or what works for your car. Do some test passes, dyno pulls, or street pulls log and adjust accordingly. Fun stuff once you get the hang of it.

There are books you can read, classes you can take, and certain people will help you along. But I doubt anyone is going to drop their cam settings on the net.

Last edited:

akwhtbst

Established Member
I've seen guys sweep the cam timing to find the best results but dyno time where I am located is difficult to come by. Thanks for the advice, I will continue making changes at the track where I can record what effect they have. Fine tuning the car really is the fun part.

Tim

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Take a look at a base file that has the cams already, that will get you close (assuming you know what your looking at). If you want to maximize your tuning your going to need to get on a dyno for WOT stuff. No way your going to tell small hp or ft.lb gains with out doing do. (This is only for WOT and nothing light load or anything).

This takes time, time is money, this is why its hard to get help.

akwhtbst

Established Member
Take a look at a base file that has the cams already, that will get you close (assuming you know what your looking at). If you want to maximize your tuning your going to need to get on a dyno for WOT stuff. No way your going to tell small hp or ft.lb gains with out doing do. (This is only for WOT and nothing light load or anything).

This takes time, time is money, this is why its hard to get help.

That is where I started with my cam timing I'm working with right now.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread